piisfish

diod my 1st tandem this morning...

as the pilot :)was very nervous about it. Now I realise how much strenght and energy tandems need under canopy...
continuing my formation next weekend...
rig was an Advance Tandem, Canopy a Parachute de France Blue Track
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

as the pilot :)was very nervous about it. Now I realise how much strenght and energy tandems need under canopy...

Congrats :)Who make Advance Tandems I've not heard of them?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Congrats, welcome to a fun world of tandems.

You probably would do well if you looked up my Tandem Instructor workout, I have a decent workout that you can use if you wish...it might help with the strength issues.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Very cool! Welcome to the world that is tandem skydiving. Here's the deal. You're going to get the shit scared out of you for the next 100 tandems or so. (If you don't........quit). After then, you may start to feel somewhat comfortable in this environment. That's a good thing. Of all the new tandem I's that I've worked with it seems to me that it is better if you jump into tandem skydiving (no pun intended) with both feet. Do a whole bunch of them in the shortest time period that you can. If you do tandems "once in a while" it is way harder to get your program figured out. Currency is a real issue.

Let me tell you a story. I used to be a full time tandem guy. Last fall I decided to take some time off of skydiving. So I did a little experiment with myself. Having done several thousand tandems I kind of thought that I had it down. But I was always doing 20-40 of them a week. Very current. So I took 8 months off and I wanted to see how I'd feel on the first one back. - I hope that Bill Booth doesn't read this (please don't pull my rating) - In this little experiment, I went to the DZ and was asked to do an AFF jump. Cool, now I'm current on skydiving. Right after i landed, I was asked to do a tandem. Back when I was previously current on tandems and having done large numbers of them, drougefall seemed to last about 10 minutes - at that time. Not in a bad way mind you, but you can only geek the camera so many ways. But on the first one back after my sabatical, drougefall was reduced back down to the 50 seconds that you get from 12000'. And I gotta tell you it felt kinda good.
Now (having gotten back into the swing of things) its all back to normal. Once again, that's a good thing.

So what is my point? I probably have none. But I would like to encourage you to be safe. You know this already. Get through the first 100 tandems or so. You owe it to at least go that far. At that point you will be able to make an informed decision about what you want to do with tandem skydiving. Hopefully you'll dig it. No matter what anyone else says, tandem skydiving is the best thing to happen to our sport since, well its just the best thing to ever happen to our sport.
Be good. Be safe. Be afraid. Be less like Tim Strauss
Aaron
“God Damn Mountain Dew MotherFuckers!”

Yes succes with the rest of the course.
How it the fit of the advance tandem. Seen one but never got the opportunity to jump one.

The BT80 is a very nice tandemcanopy (no flare toggles required) but I have to warn you there are quite some mains on the market with a much higher toggle pressure. (EZ, Contrail..) Because the BT80 is rather responsive it is rathjer easy to steer the passenger sick.
Remember: Save some energy for the FLARE.

Good luck and HAVE FUNB|

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Using your droque to gain stability is a bad habit,
Especially when you are jumping a sport rig

Congrats, welcome to a fun world of tandems.

You probably would do well if you looked up my Tandem Instructor workout, I have a decent workout that you can use if you wish...it might help with the strength issues.

thanks to all for the encouraging messages.

Dave, can you please indicate me where I can find the TI Workout ?? Do I need to wear boots :P

The Advance rig is now made by Basik Air Concept as said above (previously Parafun). The fit is great, central drouge (sp. ? ) attachment point which makes you fly flat. I found very comfortable the freefall, must still get used to moving aroud 190lbs of meat (that's Knabe posting here on the french forum) in the porter :P
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Nice! Glad you are enjoying it. You are correct that tandems will take a lot out of you if you are not in shape.

Hey bro,,

good to see another TM join the ranks and start introducing folks to the pleasure of freefall...

...Do I have any words of advice???

Don't 'EVER' drop your guard..!!!

The tandem that you assume will be a piece of cake is the one that will scare the shit out of you..

Consistently practice your handle pull sequence!!

Oh ,,,did I mention,,

Don't 'EVER 'drop your guard..!! EVER!!

Be safe ,bro

The tandem that you assume will be a piece of cake is the one that will scare the shit out of you..

Amen to that. I am 6'2" and 230 - both of my "interesting" tandems were young women 115 to 120 lbs. I always thought the tall wide people were the ones to watch out ofr. You need to be prepared for them all!
Arrive Safely

John