vidiot

Would you do a tandem with your wife as a passenger ?

Let's see...
Wife and I docked on our oldest child's tandem (before i got my rating).

I did my next oldest kids tandem and wife docked on us.

Wife wants to do my recurrency jump with me this spring.

Hey,
This is the wife here:)~ Going out with the kids was great.
I think dad was a bit nervous, but he did fine. Ok I was nervous too. Those were my kids! They may look big, but at exit I could have sworn they were about 2 months old and should have been ANYWHERE but getting out of that plane![:/]
Mark actually forgot to say that when the 3rd oldest child jumped he not only was the TM, but I was one of the vidiots. I got some great stills. I actually ran 2nd vid on that one just to get some really cool shots. Our DZO ran 1st vid. As for going out strapped to Mark, I don't know. We've always talked about the fact that we have 4 kids, and should something go wrong who would be left to take care of them? When we are in the same plane, should there be an aircraft emergency one of us just might get out of that plane and be OK. Being tied together in FF doesn't leave you with many options should shit go terribly wrong. Mark is a great TM, which is why I trust him with the kids. I just think it isn't a great idea to have both parents risk that much at one time.
The pics are of our last kid that jumped with Mark as the TM.
Jake rocked. Damn kid is a natural. He blew through the S/L FF student program and has about 5-6 jumps yet until his A.
I put Jake out on several S/L and FF jumps. It was really hard to forget to be a mom the 1st time when that door opened. I did so because I'm his mom and I want him safe, but as his JM also I'm going to do my job and make sure of that. "Get your ass out of my airplane and DO what I taught you to do!"
Nice way to talk to your kid, but Jake just grinned at me and did what I had taught him. Damn fine young man.:D
He did have to repeat a jump, and only one during his entire student progression. Oops, mom failed the boy. You do actually have to pull the handle on a PRCP. Go figure? He does fall like the entire brick house, but what ya gonna do? I did tell the kid to arch, and being a good kid he listened...at 225lbs. of football player lineman's muscle. Falls like a stone. I have to put rocks in my pockets just to keep up to speed with that child. He's getting better though. We've been working on fall rate with the boy and he's getting there.
It's great having not only your husband in the sport, but one of your kids too. Handy young man. We taught him to pack when he was 11 years old. That boy can make a 5 minute call with the best openings I've ever had. Packs a great tandem too.
Did I meantion it's great having your family there with you in this sport?!

Sue E

Well... I'd take my HUSBAND on a tandem, as well as any other member of my family. I have confidence in myself as a professional, as should every tandem master out there. And as some wise jumper before me said, if I didn't believe in my abilities, I shouldn't be doing tandems!

I'd love to take her for a ride. Did video twice for her, but always declined to be her TM.

I'd love too, but what if shit happened? Who would drive our daughter home?
************************************************************************************

Thats exactly why we will not even be in the same plane.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------JUMP SAFE!