vidiot

Would you do a tandem with your wife as a passenger ?

Not my wife, but I've taken my girlfriend of two years on several tandems. She's got close to a thousand jumps, brings her handi-cam, and tries to kill us. Gotta love that crazy biotch. She usually gets some great video, particularly of deployment. Oh, and she is definitely a fun tandem to "do".

in 2 words
HELL NO!

With the way she tries to tell me how to drive, I am sure she would be saying..."Are we lost? We have been flying around in circles for ever!...Do you know where you are going? I dont see anyother traffic we must be lost.....yadda yadda yadda

BASE 3:16 - Even if you are about to land on a cop - DONT FORGET TO FLARE!
Free the soul -- DJ

I got my rating the week before my wifes birthday.
She was my first non jumper passenger. Also my first paying customer.

She always said she would make a skydive when I got my tandem thingy. hehehehehe

I did and she did.

The Kids scared me a lot more.:o

[:/]>:(:$:ph34r:

Uncle/GrandPapa Whit
Unico Rodriguez # 245
Muff Brother # 2421

My wife has 100 jumps and i lve to jump with her but she says she just doesnt get the buzz?? i think if she did more than 15 a year it would be a good start!

She did some freefly training in Empuriabrava last year and i could not jump while she was up there the stress was to much.

Interesting discussing....:)I would not hesitate jumping with my wife or any other family member or friend anymore than I hesitate doing all other things in my life with them....
For me it's all about living - not only surviving.

At least this is my opinion now...but in 3 years - who knows.....??

Not married yet, no kids (that I know off), and no tandem rating. But all is on the list.
Offcourse, tandem rating first (in mid may), and then kids (because that has to include sex...I hope...), and then marrige (includes most likely sex...but don't know how many times my girlfriend has promised sex without ceeping her promise....so...time will show....)

Sure. I know a lot of guys who have taken their spouses on tandems. Most of the spouses were experienced skydivers themselves and were doing it for a photo op or the train-up dives where you must jump experienced jumpers up front. Likewise, I know a lot of guys who have taken their non-jumping wives on jumps. In my opinion, if you are concerned at all about the safety of _any_ passenger on a tandem, then you probably have the wrong mindset to be doing them at all. You see, I feel that if I were going to get a passenger injured, then I would also get injured in whatever accident we had. I can tell you with great certainty that I am NOT going to do anything on a tandem that is going to cause injury to myself. It is that confidence in my own ability which keeps me safe in freefall and under canopy. The day I lose that confidence I will stop instructing.

Chuck

I cant find the vote here button but YES My wife was my first paid passenger. Knowing what I know now and having grown a lot over the last 5.5 years I would have taken her after aquiring some real skill and knowledge but oh isint ignorance bliss. I know I thought I was the shit. What a dumb ass we are when we are baby's at anything. Now I wouldnt think twice, I take someones wife mother brother sister father child every day. If I dont beleave I can then I need to quit.

Uncle/GrandPapa Whit
Unico Rodriguez # 245
Muff Brother # 2421

Blue Skies Guys,

My wife and I have been together for 4 years and she has 3 jumps. On the first two jumps I did video and by the third I had my rating so we got to share that experience. Jenie definitely likes the canopy ride more than freefall. FYI: we do NOT have kids.
Rigger, Skydiver, BASE Jumper, Retired TM

I videoed the wife on my 1000th (it made Parachutist). She is terrified of heights but she did it. She said she'd go with me on my 2000th. :)
I plan on taking my oldests son on his 25th birthday next February.

My daughter has done AFF, and Drew (middle son) has done a tandem and has military static line jumps. I'd take any of them, but I think they'd prefer to go AFF. My youngest son has Asperger Syndrome, so I doubt he'd ever jump.

steveOrino