dubbayab

TI question.. about drougefall

: Okeedooke! to all Tandem Instructors you have read it here first ...... there is no need to completly hook up, or to suck up all the slack in the straps. A good deployment is garenteed by TK Hayes and Skymonkey one

There it is, rip it up!!!!! <<<
Ok I got it, this is why the troll shit started to smell, (I had to re-read the thread , yeah a long one I know:)

I always hook up the bottom two as soon as we are seated in a small plane and then go through everything well before exit altitude.

Looks like they were not even connected at all - VERY BAD! If for some reason I ended up like this I would not chase the legs or anything and deploy as normal.

Basically it just shouldn't happen in the first place. You can get the student into this position even with the lower straps tightened to the stops - always thought the unusual positions were a result of loose side straps......not so

BSBD! -Mark.

"A Scar is just a Tattoo with a story!!!"

First, about the subject:

-In a non-emergency situation, not hooking up the lowers on a tandem passenger harness is a bad thing. Tandem Instructors should establish a routine in their hook-up procedures based on what they were taught in their Tandem Instructor Course, and techniques learned from more experienced Tandem Instructors. If your routine gets interrupted for any reason, go back to the beginning and start your routine again.

-Disciplinary action toward Tandem Instructors who make mistakes like this one will vary depending on who knows about it. If it stays on the DZ, the DZO and S&TA will likely handle it their way (as you have read there are differing opinions on how it should be handled). If it gets back to the rig manufacturer or USPA, they make take disciplinary steps of their own.

Next, about posting highly sensitive subjects like this:

-Be objective. The less objective you are, the more crap you will stir up, and the likelihood of the thread becoming an unproductive dirt slinging contest is high.

-Carefully consider throwing in names and pictures. Think through what the end result might be for the Instructor concerned, the DZ he works for, etc. This is a public access forum, and throwing out names and pictures is a big step. I'll leave it up to you to judge whether it is the right one or wrong one.

-Don't let others with heated opinions get your gander up. It will result in someone saying something that may be regretted later.

Lastly, about the demise of the thread:

-It has run it's course, and will no longer be productive. As stated in this thread, this forum is intended by Sangiro to target Instructors from all teaching methods. Anyone is welcome to post as long as it contributes to the discussion in a forwarding way.

-It's too bad that useful discussion on controversial subjects turn out like this . . . [:/]
Arrive Safely

John