LimaZulu

Why is a Mr. Bill called Mr. Bill

I'm not sure what the poll is about. But it comes from an old Saturday night live sketch that was ongoing . With clay figures
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

It's all good. Btw it's not a real mr bill unless the hanger on yells " OH NOOOO!" As he falls away ;)

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

I was at Ft Benning in 1979 in IOBC and made a Mr Bill out of C4 with a blasting cap for his belly button. Most there had no idea who Mr Bill was.
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.

17 hours ago, oldwomanc6 said:

I know the SNL skit was a big portion of it, but I thought it was originally because of Bill "chuteless" Cole's jump in 1972.

Thats not it either Jim tyler did a chutless jump that he jumped from one plane wearing just a harness and another person jumped from another plane. Jim hooked his harness to the other jumper and when close to the ground Jim was dropped from the other jumper on about 15ft risers and they both landed together. I have the video from Norm kent and he tells what was going on. You can watch the video on Norm Kent,s film ride a cloud

Jimmy Tyler also did another chuteless jump where they rigged up some sort of weighted baker's pot and a drogue on which they mounted a container containing a round reserve. They threw that out of one plane, he exited from another plane, caught up to the pot and attached his harness to the container.

Ballsy dude, Jimmy Tyler. Died on a jump from Half Dome in the early 80's and what they discovered after that about him, his job as an IRS agent, and the Grandma Mafia is a story worthy of a James Bond type novel.