baronn

Robin and Pud

Anybody remember these 2? Pud was his dog and they used to jump together in the 90's. Someone dumped a Chiweenie at my airport. I finally caught him and he has turned into an excellent DZ pup. Loves to be thrown up in the air and caught again. Barks like crazy when I get in the plane. I wanna make him a harness and I'll get him some goggles and we'll go jump.

Robin came to Eloy winter circa 97' can't remember exactly but the local SPCA made him stop taking his dog after complaints from whuffos...

when his dog saw him in the air on final Pud would dash into the landing area barking like crazy to greet Robin.

Robin went to Chicago for the summer and a few weeks later dropped a toggle while flaring...thankfully without his dog...

RIP...Robin...

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=54055;

ETA:I guess that's Pudd...

hangdiver

"Mans got to know his limitations"
Harry Callahan

I knew Robin and Pud well. Robin was looking for a change of scenery when we were opening Skydive USA in Wharton, Texas in 1997, so he came to work for me.

Robin brought Pud on the first load we flew the day before our official opening. We built a 12 or 14-way round and Robin & Pud flew to the formation in a sit - Robin with his camera set-up, of course. My wife and I docked on Robin's feet for a few seconds and then he continued to the center of the big round and turned circles filming everyone!

What a memorable way to open a drop zone!
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

I was a new skydiver that summer and I met and really liked Robin. His was my first real brush with death in this sport, and it hit me hard. Before Robin, I never fully connected the incident reports with real people. It was a sobering introduction into the realities of skydiving.

I knew he jumped with his dog, but what I remember was him riding around the DZ on a scooter with the dog on the handlebars. And then I remember NOT seeing him on his scooter with his dog anymore and how sad that made me.

RIP