1001001sos

A break in the DB Cooper Case?

No. The trail of "evidence" is far too tainted. This will never go anywhere except to help promote the cottage industry of speculative fiction surrounding the case. We might as well be talking about Bigfoot.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

We might as well be talking about Bigfoot.

Might as well be, might actually catch him.

Whoever he was, he's most likely dead and gone and give it another 10 years anyone who could identify him probably will be too.

I was really more impressed with the technology used on the tie and being able to lead it back to possibly someone working on the Boeing SST program before the funding was cut and it was shut down. Most of those guys are gone. It really is more of a nail in the coffin that was this case.

quade

No. The trail of "evidence" is far too tainted. This will never go anywhere except to help promote the cottage industry of speculative fiction surrounding the case. We might as well be talking about Bigfoot.

Bigfoot is real, and has been skydiving for a long time.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

Interesting, however it's old news. The FBI already investigated this years ago without the powerful microscope on the DNA. Evidence still says today, Dan Cooper most likely drowned in the Columbia River.
I Jumped with the guys who invented Skydiving.

Interesting, however it's old news. The FBI already investigated this years ago without the powerful microscope on the DNA. Evidence still says today, Dan Cooper most likely drowned in the Columbia River.

Actually the probability of DBC's exit ending up in the Columbia River is low (someone did the rough math), but that very well could have been what happened. Bad spot, bad luck, bad ending. The waterlogged loot money found years later on a Columbia River sandbar sure doesn't argue for a dry landing and successful escape. A drowned Cooper is no fun, so the legend lives on.

Dead or alive, it's kinda surprising that the FBI couldn't identify who he really was. There were lots of clues.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

obelixtim

***No. The trail of "evidence" is far too tainted. This will never go anywhere except to help promote the cottage industry of speculative fiction surrounding the case. We might as well be talking about Bigfoot.

Bigfoot is real, and has been skydiving for a long time.

Haha :)B|
2 wrongs don't make a right - but 3 lefts do.

quade

Quade.

Any chance of locking this thread. :P

R
One Jump Wonder

Krip

***No. The trail of "evidence" is far too tainted. This will never go anywhere except to help promote the cottage industry of speculative fiction surrounding the case. We might as well be talking about Bigfoot.

Quade.

R

It would be more helpful if people just let it die.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

******No. The trail of "evidence" is far too tainted. This will never go anywhere except to help promote the cottage industry of speculative fiction surrounding the case. We might as well be talking about Bigfoot.

Quade.

R

Quade

I don't want to confuse the issue with the facts.

But if you think this thread is going to die on its own , you have unrealistic expectations.

Your the mod do whatever you want, maybe this websight needs the extra traffic.

Have a wonderful day, and jump until you puke.

Chow baby

R. I..P.
One Jump Wonder

Krip

Quade.

R

you afraid they are getting to close??? :P
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

quade

******No. The trail of "evidence" is far too tainted. This will never go anywhere except to help promote the cottage industry of speculative fiction surrounding the case. We might as well be talking about Bigfoot.

Quade.

R

It's essentially dead right now. Nothing to worry about.

I don't think it hurts to have an occasional skydiver post about DBC, the subject is relevant to parachuting history, but the old forum just got crazy and poisonous near the end. I don't recall that jumpers (or knowledgeable aviators) caused much trouble however.

There is a forum that started away from Dropzone and it is active. Its moderator has had to do what Quade did, expel and ban people. Sad how these online forums become nasty no matter who runs them. Would be an interesting behavioral science study.

R.I.P. DB Cooper forum.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

*********No. The trail of "evidence" is far too tainted. This will never go anywhere except to help promote the cottage industry of speculative fiction surrounding the case. We might as well be talking about Bigfoot.

Quade.

R

It's essentially dead right now. Nothing to worry about.

I don't think it hurts to have an occasional skydiver post about DBC, the subject is relevant to parachuting history, but the old forum just got crazy and poisonous near the end. I don't recall that jumpers (or knowledgeable aviators) caused much trouble however.

There is a forum that started away from Dropzone and it is active. Its moderator has had to do what Quade did, expel and ban people. Sad how these online forums become nasty no matter who runs them. Would be an interesting behavioral science study.

R.I.P. DB Cooper forum.

Careful lest it draw back the whack-a-doodle crowd that were expunged.

quade

Quade.

R

I think Krip wants this thread locked, because he is DB Cooper.

:P
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9