Bob_Church

Pat Works and Wikipedia

I checked on Wikipedia and Pat isn't even mentioned. This seems like a shame, or maybe even a crime.
The problem is, I have no idea how to do it and probably wouldn't be any good at it. But I thought I should mention it and hope that someone would step up and do it. I think skydiving is very underrepresented on Wikipedia because we have our own great forums but it might not be a bad idea to get the info out there.

Hajo

How about that:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Your_first_article

Do it ..
Who dares wins!

But seriously, and this isn't false modesty or anything, I just think he deserves someone who can do a much better job of it than I can. Maybe we can lay the foundations here, get some facts together, some stories, then transfer it to a page.
I only make a few jumps a month and do very little R/W so it's hard enough for me to get on a load without screwing up Pat Work's wikipedia page.
On the other hand I'm kind of stupid about doing stuff that I know I shouldn't.
Who would be in for helping put together a wikipedia page?

This may be easier than I thought. My biggest concern is that I only have information from other sources: books, magazines, that sort of thing.
But it turns out that that's all that wikipedia wants. They don't want first hand accounts, they want citable data.

I'm gathering and formatting it offline (habits left over from playing with computers in the 80s, where you did your programming on paper first then used valuable computer time to enter it) and hopefully will have something up soon.

Bob_Church

This may be easier than I thought. My biggest concern is that I only have information from other sources: books, magazines, that sort of thing.
But it turns out that that's all that wikipedia wants. They don't want first hand accounts, they want citable data.
I'm gathering and formatting it offline (habits left over from playing with computers in the 80s, where you did your programming on paper first then used valuable computer time to enter it) and hopefully will have something up soon.

Got a link?

R
One Jump Wonder