patworks

remembering the seldom 1950's

Fossil relics smile remembering the seldom 1950's morphing into our wealth of body flight arts, our manifest skill, the overarching joy that keeps us Real. Flight. Flight for the joy of Flying. Body flight.
Pat Works nee Madden Travis Works, Jr .B1575, C1798, D1813, Star Crest Solo#1, USPA#189,

Fly On PAT!!!!! 'Was but a kid growing into Jr. High during the decade...Yes what phrase..."The seldom 50's" Here you post this less than a month before you leave us...... But you "Torqued My Memory!!!" of the first time I ever saw a "Live" Parachute Jump!!!!! It was spring of 1951 (I was just about to turn 6 years old)and the "Cole Brothers Air Show" came to out airport with Screaming, smoke blowing, twisting and looping, LOUD STEARMAN Bi-PLANES!!!! Wing Walkers and "PARACHUTE JUMPS!!!" There were several ,,,,"AND" ...one guy had "A MALFUNCTION!!!" He tossed out his Chest Reserve...and I watched in awe as he descended over us and landed behind the parking apron where we were and right before he landed by the fuel dump, the announcer blared over the loud speaker,"Hey Joe..'You alright???" I was looking straight at him , about 200 or so feet up , he cupped his hands over his mouth and yelled "YEAH!!!" then he landed!!!!!! Thanks PAT for re kindling that memory for me!!!!!.......Fly on Brother....Say Hi to Scotty, Kevin, Gary, Dirty Ed and all!!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out