Charloboulet

Looking for vintage gear

Hi, I have already posted an add in the classifieds section but I'm also asking here if there is anyone interested to sell old gear. I'm trying to collect a couple old school items with another jumper of my dropzone. We are looking for PZ-81, Delta II, Paradactyl, Sailwing, or any rounds you may have. also, an old PD excalibur would be awesome !

you can write to me by email: [email protected]

thank you.

Yeah, I guess you have mandatory AAD's there and at most Quebec DZ's. Do you get exceptions for belly mount rigs and stuff like that?

But just jumping with weird main canopies in more modern gear does make things nicer in various ways.

(And I'm keeping my Dactyls, PZ-81, PC's, etc!)

Are you trying to collect them for something to do with skydiving history? Or are you just wanting them because they are different?

Parawings seem to never go out of fashion. What I mean is that people always seem to want them because of the design. They are highly desirable and generally fetch a high dollar value. Which how the current market is with these chutes, unless you can find someone to give you one, I would expect you to be paying $500 US or more per chute. A Sailwing you would probably pay 4 or more times that amount since only 50 or so were ever made and they are the unicorn of the retro scene. This is not a cheap area of skydiving to get into. I have been involved in the retro scene now for almost 14 years and have a little bit of knowledge in this gear.

I own the list that you are looking for and a lot more. Some I have multiples of like four Delta II's, two dactyls, 8 PCs, 3 Paps, 2 Thunderbows, etc. None of my gear is for sale nor would I let just anyone jump them. Most of them belonged to close friends of mine and they were given to me to look after. Some of the chutes you are looking for can get yourself into a bad situation with if you are not careful and don't know what you are doing, like the paradactyl. If you want to see these chutes in the air, you can take a trip out to Gan when I am there and I would be more than happy to display them.

Good luck in your search and if you get any of these chutes don't hurt yourself. The last thing the retro scene needs is people saying that these chutes are dangerous because people are being careless under them as has happened in the past in Canada.

Beatnik is a good friend of mine. I've given him some vintage gear and it's in good hands. He doesn't sell or flip donated stuff on eBay. He expertly restores rare stuff to jumpable condition. He is an FAA Master Rigger and does it right. He has taken some miserable but historically important gear and made it like new.

Beatnik actually jumps a lot of the gear he collects. That sets him apart from most other collectors who may jump a PC or Cheapo now and then but wouldn't even consider jumping some of the more temperamental canopies.

Some day he will catalog all his gear and put up an online museum. He's a full time active duty RCAF Captain and some things will have to wait for retirement.

If you are thinking about donating (or selling) retro gear you couldn't find a better home for it. Beatnik is devoted to preserving and documenting historical parachute gear AND JUMPING IT!

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Beatnik is a good friend of mine. I've given him some vintage gear and it's in good hands. He doesn't sell or flip donated stuff on eBay. He expertly restores rare stuff to jumpable condition. He is an FAA Master Rigger and does it right. He has taken some miserable but historically important gear and made it like new.

Beatnik actually jumps a lot of the gear he collects. That sets him apart from most other collectors who may jump a PC or Cheapo now and then but wouldn't even consider jumping some of the more temperamental canopies.

Some day he will catalog all his gear and put up an online museum. He's a full time active duty RCAF Captain and some things will have to wait for retirement.

If you are thinking about donating (or selling) retro gear you couldn't find a better home for it. Beatnik is devoted to preserving and documenting historical parachute gear AND JUMPING IT!

I really should sell off a bunch of my old stuff... I doubt I will ever jump any of my rounds ever again.... 3 PC's... a Papillion... even some not so cheap cheepo stuff... and the rigs they all fit in...:ph34r:

And then there are the Wonderhogs...and the squares...... Strato Star... various other old squares.

Good for paying off some medical bills...