gary0302

1979 USPA Nationals, looking for RW comp video

I know the chances may be very slim, but is there anyone out there that has a copy of the competition RW video from the 1979 USPA Nationals that was held in Richmond, IN? I am specifically looking for 4-way Sequential, but 10-way Speed would also be good too.
Gary David Holbrook on Facebook/YouTube, D-5857, SCS 3657, NSCR 1219, Former S/L Instructor, Former Wizards 4-way RW, Former SE Conference Judge

gary0302

I know the chances may be very slim, but is there anyone out there that has a copy of the competition RW video from the 1979 USPA Nationals that was held in Richmond, IN? I am specifically looking for 4-way Sequential, but 10-way Speed would also be good too.

Damn, I was there but no video. I'll try to contact some of the others who were there with us and see if they have it, but as you said, it's slim.

I was there too. I have often wondered, over the years, if USPA went to the trouble of archiving and converting such historical videos. I competed in 4-way, and very casually in 8-way (I think, but maybe that was just in 1978) and would love to see video of any of the competition events.

I'd think someone at USPA would quickly be able to supply an answer.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

Hi Jeff,

I called USPA about this quite awhile back, and then again more recently. I was told both times that they do not have archived video of the 1979 Nationals. I am hoping that someone else has footage, but to be honest, I am not holding my breath. But hey, it never hurts to ask.
Gary David Holbrook on Facebook/YouTube, D-5857, SCS 3657, NSCR 1219, Former S/L Instructor, Former Wizards 4-way RW, Former SE Conference Judge