Chaos

D.B. Cooper Certificate of Achievement

I jumped the jet at the World Free Fall Convention in 1996. I never got the D.B. Cooper certificate and I've always regretted it.

Does anybody still issue these or can somebody point me in the right direction so I can try and get a number after all these years.

Any help is appreciated.

Rob

ramalamading

Who cares about a stinkin' certificate. You've got the memory. You've got the log book entry. You know you did it. Why do you need a certificate and a number to prove it to others?

Obviously Chaos cares and it's important to him/her. Did you really have to slam this desire? If that's how you operate I'd suggest not mentioning anything important to yourself here. I mean, who cares? That was a cold thing to say.

Chaos

Crickets here. Okay, can anybody tell me who might have organized this? Do you think it was the people that ran the WFFC or some other organization specific to the 727?

It was WFFC Staff that handled it. I had considered getting one that first year they had the jet, but they were so busy that I wasn't willing to wait. Then I forgot about it.

I don't think you could get one now. I would imagine that all the blank certificates are long gone, and probably the list of recipients and their numbers is gone too.

If you have a 747 jet jump in your logbook, I wouldn't think that anyone would think you are a cheater if you made your own certificate. You just wouldn't have an official number.

Making my own certificate is not out of the realm of possibilities as I've downloaded a copy of someone else's. Would rather have the blessing of someone from the WFFC staff.

You might be right about the list being long gone. I figured it was worth coming here and asking.

That is an excellent suggestion, BIGUN. A couple days ago I reached out to her using Facebook. She responded nicely but it doesn't look like there will be a way for me to get a number (even if I make my own certificate). I waited too long. :(

Chaos

That is an excellent suggestion, BIGUN. A couple days ago I reached out to her using Facebook. She responded nicely but it doesn't look like there will be a way for me to get a number (even if I make my own certificate). I waited too long. :(

Make your replica certificate, and leave off the number. You know you did it, so you can't be accused of creating a false document. The only question is, what's your serial number? And if you leave that off, you are true to honesty.

Chaos

Making my own certificate is not out of the realm of possibilities as I've downloaded a copy of someone else's. Would rather have the blessing of someone from the WFFC staff.

You might be right about the list being long gone. I figured it was worth coming here and asking.

I have one of those certificates

When I got my certificate in the mail :)

I just used sharpie to turn three letters into two, of course it was obvious
But so what.

The certificate was framed and is hanging on the wall.

IMO if you got the jump in your log book:o, make your own certificate and don't sweat the small stuff.:)
Jumping the jet was a hoot, the peeps on the plane made it even better, I'm still laughing about the 2 young ones that jumped butt naked. Don't have a clue where they landed:D:D.

R
One Jump Wonder