efs4ever

Decades of parachutist magazine about to go to the dumpster

I am looking for nationals and world meet coverage... Trying to collect scores and team members to put online.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

The magazines are free. I will not ship them anywhere, so you would have to get someone to pick them up.

They fill approximately five banker boxes, and the weight is, probably, well over 150 pounds.

I can't say I have every single one, but I've been saving since July 1978, and I picked up a box of stuff from earlier than that. Some are Skydiver Magazines.

I live in Houston, TX 77019

Russell M. Webb
D 7014
713 385 5676
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

There's gotta be someone out there in Texas with enough enthusiasm about skydiving or sense of history to want to preserve this material! (And with some space for boxes.)

When I started in aviation, getting a huge pile of old Sport Aviation or Sport Aerobatics, years of magazines to read through, from someone leaving the sport or clearing out their basement, that was awesome.

Maybe this stuff could be advertised on some DZ's facebook pages or something. (Although Mr Webb, while being generous, probably doesn't want to spend a ton of time trying to flog the stuff....)

pchapman

There's gotta be someone out there in Texas with enough enthusiasm about skydiving or sense of history to want to preserve this material! (And with some space for boxes.)

When I started in aviation, getting a huge pile of old Sport Aviation or Sport Aerobatics, years of magazines to read through, from someone leaving the sport or clearing out their basement, that was awesome.

Maybe this stuff could be advertised on some DZ's facebook pages or something. (Although Mr Webb, while being generous, probably doesn't want to spend a ton of time trying to flog the stuff....)

Hi PC

Of course I had my collection of parachuting mags. But eventually time moves on.

I'm guessing that someone has already digitized their collection of parachutist mag. Imagine 40 yrs reduced to a cd or thumb drive. I wonder how much that would cost if it hasn't already been done.

The digital collection might be more efficient, but I can still remember waiting for my mags via snail mail.

O the joy when the mail god would favor us with a paper copy. That's one part of the sport that can't be duplicated these days. I long for the pre digital days, just the grape vine and the fire pit.B|

R
One Jump Wonder