skypuppy

freak brother jumps

this is a pic from my freak brother load, first weekend mr. douglas showed up at sandwich Illinois in '81 or '82.

my buddy anvil is facing the camera, 12 o'clock and I'm in the outer row at 11 o'clock. I think it's a 27 way...

Roger was supposed to be on the jump but he got called away to fly the 206 for some students so the cameraman took his slot and was in the formation

I remember Jim Bohr was in the formation and he was the one who gave Anvil and me our freak brother numbers - I think mine is 1287.

That was a great weekend. We showed up on Friday night and Roger asked where we were from, then said 'grab your gear, I'll take you up in the 206 right now in case weather craps out for the weekend', and he gave us a free jump.

Weather held and we did some fun jumps for the weekend before driving back home...

Just wondering if anyone else has pictures of their freak brother jumps, or anyone else's...
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

No photo on my Freak Brother jump but it was fun.

I got my number, 1371, at the '83 Freak Brothers Convention in Freeport, IL.

Here's something you won't see anymore! My Freak Brother jump was a 32 way attempt with Roger Nelson in the upside down 4 way base. I had about 80 jumps and docked around 23rd or so wearing a belly-band Wonder Hog, a Strato Star and a Dragon jumpsuit. B|

Are you still actively jumping?
My Uncle Terry was Freak Brother #122
They called him Falcon.
Im looking to get my FB# and maybe even find someone that may have some old pics of him in his jumping days, or even stories. I'm pretty much a newbie in the sport, but my mom says I'm just like he was and I think she would get a kick out of hearing I became a FB and any stories of her brother Terry (Falcon) Grover.
Sammy T Storm

ststorm

Are you still actively jumping?
My Uncle Terry was Freak Brother #122
They called him Falcon.
Im looking to get my FB# and maybe even find someone that may have some old pics of him in his jumping days, or even stories. I'm pretty much a newbie in the sport, but my mom says I'm just like he was and I think she would get a kick out of hearing I became a FB and any stories of her brother Terry (Falcon) Grover.

No, I drifted out of the sport in 1980. Yes, I knew Falcon and that photo may well be from Hinkley in 1975 as that looks like the Lodestar we took up there that year.

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

No pictures of my own FB jump but I attach pictures of various Golden Knights teams getting theirs at Skydive Chicago. In the one case they got into trouble with their C/O for jumping barefoot.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I can't zoom in enough to be sure but I think Gomei and I are in the base on the 2nd pic. If so, I remember the jump--- walking into the hangar and being asked if I had my number because they needed a couple more "brothers" for the base. We launched a 4 way diamond and a few of the knights didn't think we could pull it off. Needless to say, we did!:P

Love the first picture with Roger too.

tigra

I can't zoom in enough to be sure but I think Gomei and I are in the base on the 2nd pic. If so, I remember the jump--- walking into the hangar and being asked if I had my number because they needed a couple more "brothers" for the base. We launched a 4 way diamond and a few of the knights didn't think we could pull it off. Needless to say, we did!:P

Love the first picture with Roger too.

Looks like Gomei at 2 O'Clock?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.