jrbirdmen

where is Carl Beck or Sherry Kolander

I don't think I remember Carl Beck, though the name does sound familiar. I was at Antioch from about '76-'79. I do know that Sherry and Jim Barnhill got married but later divorced. I suspect that she stopped jumping. Jim Chandler
If you know how many guns you have - you don't have enough!

Thnx for the info. My jump cert is 79 typo on the 74 &
your "real name" sounds familiar. Unfortunately my dads photos logs & the rest gone except for the 60's stuff I have.
I remember that when those jumpers wearing those crazy bellbottom suits showed up & the square chutes came in some guys who could jump were actually filming simultaneously....hmmm. Well I'm sure I met you amongst the many other crazy serious skydivers.

Like I said I was at Antioch from about 76 or so until 1979 when I went back in the Air Force. I was one of those crazy guys with a black and gold Steven's bell bottom jumpsuit and a black and gold StratoStar and I did air-to-air photography. I had been jumping at Yolo with the Travis AFB Club but when George started to get pissy with us because we wouldn't let him run the club after his retirement, we moved to Antioch. Ralph Jones, Norton, Jim and Sherry, John Romey, Jerry Johnson, etc. were the guys who were there when I was. It's too bad you lost your Dad's logs and stuff.
If you know how many guns you have - you don't have enough!

Hey Spooky52, I don't do facebook, but if by chance you are on, would you please say HI to Perry for me! He & my dad knew each other since the 60's when both were doing their thing out of Oakland. My dad (Dick aka DDD) piloted all the planes EVERY weekend for years at Antioch. I spent most of those yrs being the harness leaner. I had the priveledge of growing up with the innovators & true pioneers of the sport (& Perry was the #1 stud). I don't think very many people realize how many designs he had and his emphatic refusal to let anyone test pilot a new design. The ongoing "joke" was, "Perry only broke/sprained ___ this time. Curious if you recognize the painted jumper picture?

jrbirdmen

Hey Spooky52, I don't do facebook, but if by chance you are on, would you please say HI to Perry for me! He & my dad knew each other since the 60's when both were doing their thing out of Oakland. My dad (Dick aka DDD) piloted all the planes EVERY weekend for years at Antioch. I spent most of those yrs being the harness leaner. I had the priveledge of growing up with the innovators & true pioneers of the sport (& Perry was the #1 stud). I don't think very many people realize how many designs he had and his emphatic refusal to let anyone test pilot a new design. The ongoing "joke" was, "Perry only broke/sprained ___ this time. Curious if you recognize the painted jumper picture?

I grew up on the Antioch dz my mom ran it for Perry Stevens for many yrs
73 thru 80
How are you jrbirdman
Lile gene ballard

Not the same Carl Beck. Much younger, got out of the navy in 79-80. Married to Nan who ran manifest at Antioch. Nickname "Pissant". Heard he had become a minister and was living in the south. This was over 20 years ago.

madjohn
protogee of Dick Enarson

Main goals in life: Be on the "Jumpers Over Eighty" (JOE) World Record and attend the Lost Prairie Boogie once after I'm gone.

IF you do hear where Sherry is, or Jim, please advise. I was at the DZ, but was not on the lift, when they completed the Mile High club. I'm sure she won't want to be reminded of that. I think Gus Evans was on the load. I think "Barefoot Norm" was the pilot.