John_snurkowski

stylemaster

just bought a stylemaster with a black and gold pc in it. very beautiful. but the reserve is where the whole thing goes bad. it has a phantom 26 in it (which is too small with that microline). the color doesnt match the main container, and worst of all, its for a mini system!:( so, can anyone help me? i need to find a stylemaster reserve.

John_snurkowski

just bought a stylemaster with a black and gold pc in it. very beautiful. but the reserve is where the whole thing goes bad. it has a phantom 26 in it (which is too small with that microline). the color doesnt match the main container, and worst of all, its for a mini system!:( so, can anyone help me? i need to find a stylemaster reserve.

Is this some alternate reality? Some time warp worm hole? What year is this? Is this a flashback from the acid?
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

John_snurkowski

It was never good to have colors match. If you did a cutaway who would notice? , With different color some would wonder where are you and look where your going also head start on canopy recovery

stylemaster, as I recall had a 3 pin closing flap that ran diagonal on the back of the main container. It had Reserve D rings that were rather high on the main lift webs. And so the reserve container had connector snaps that were at the end webbing straps which stuck Up 2 to 3 inches, out the the top corners... A mini system reserve container has Waaay shorter webbing components for the snaps and so would ride waaaaay too high on your front.. if used with that Main container..The D rings on a Mini System were MUCH lower.
Compatible components not only make sense,,,,they are an important safety issue..:|
It sounds like THIS system has been cobbed together using whatever was in the closet, or stuffed under a rigging table....[:/]
It's not the canopies that Need to match or not.....It's the containers.:)

Hi jimmy,

A mini system reserve container has Waaay shorter webbing components for the snaps

I doubt that. The StyleMaster reserve risers were made of Type 7 webbing. The webbing was folded back onto itself at the ends. Then it passed through the B-12 snap. Then all four layers of webbing were sewn together with a single 4-point stitch pattern.

The design allowed the rigger to use four connector links on the reserve risers; or only two connector links ( one on each side ) on the risers. It was a quite unique design for back then.

And, no confluence wrap was used.

The Mini-System reserve risers were of Type 13 webbing with the ends folded back onto them selves and each end sewn up with a 4-point stitch pattern. Then they went around the B-4 snap and were then sewn, with a confluence wrap, with a 1 3/4" 4-point stitch pattern right at the snap.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) All StyleMaster harnesses were also built, with the necessary loops, & TSO tested so that a piggyback container could be used on the harness.

I'll admit, it's been a WHILE. but i seem to remember that IF you tried to use a reserve, from a minisystem ON a stylemaster main container, the reserve container would be UP around your nipples. very uncomfortable and you'd Likely EAT the altimeter mounting plate that was On it....at deployment...
But it HAS been a long time since i've jumped EITHER type of gear...
jmy:)

Hi jimmy,

I'll admit, it's been a WHILE.

And it has been for me, also.

Re: "IF you tried to use a reserve, from a minisystem ON a stylemaster main container, the reserve container would be UP around your nipples."

This is only a function of how the reserve risers were put into the reserve container. I seem to remember that with the Mini-System, you had to tack the risers at the height that you wanted them at; i.e., how much to stick out of the container.

On the StyleMaster, they used 2" wide velcro on the reserve risers/container & you could locate them at whatever distance you wanted; an infinite set of choices.

On the Pioneer SuperPro, they used Dot snaps on the reserve risers/container to set the distance. You had about four choices of location.

Jerry Baumchen

it is a wormhole as a matter of fact. i live in the year 1975. however, strong enterprises doesnt, so they wont sell me a new stylemaster. i found one sitting in my dzo's barn. anyways he had thirty pcs up there so i decided to relive the past. last year at 17, i made my first six pc jumps. any you know what, i didnt break my back like that makenzie that got the rules changed. neither did my brother or sister who started at sixteen.