SWIMDOC

ANTIOCH (CA) DZ 1970s

ALL:

I found a bunch of old Antioch DZ pics that I thought I would share. Jumping there was always a lot of fun, and there were a lot of really cool jumpers at that time. Perry Stevens ran the place and I always appreciated his insistence on safety, especially with new students. As I recall, he had a hard time controlling the likes of Norton, Landry, Haley, barefoot Norm, Gus, Jim and Sherry Barnhill and other sky gods that I looked up to.

If any of you are out there, many thanks for making my intro to the sport a blast. I really looked forwards to my time on the DZ there and jumping (even if it was only falling "base" for everyone....

I have a lot of log entries where I can only read the USPA License #, but if anyone is interested, I can provide them.

DOC

DOC

I hang out with Haley every so often still. You will be glad to know that God has gotten even with him... his daughter is drop dead gorgeous and super smart! A dad's worst nightmare! (but being a dz kid, she can take care of herself!)

Thanks for the pictures, sorry I missed out on the Antioch experience. When i got out here in the late 80's, all the guys talked and talked about that place with great fondness. you should be proud of the legacy you built!

Blue skies!
Jump more, post less!

topdocker:

I have to laugh about Haley's situation...I have a daughter as well, but kept her well away from the DZ. Wish I could take credit for Antioch's reputation back in the day, but it was all the skygods (and Perry Stevens). I was basically a strap-hanger but I loved being there and jumping with those guys. My best to Steve and to you sir.

Blue skies

Doc