starkmtn

G.E. number?

Any old-schoolers know what this would be for? Someone signed my logbook "GE [number]" and we have a friendly bet that I can't find out what it means. :)
"You guys should just do CRW. There are so many more ways to get killed, it makes a CYPRES seem safe." -Kevin Keenan

Hi Jim

A great trivia question and answer. What year did you get your #125 and where
?

Now if we can just fill in the blanks:

The year the G.E. numbers were first issued

How many were issued

Who issued the number's.

I'm old and still learn new stuff every day:)

One Jump Wonder

Hi jim,

It's probably a Golden Eagle number. If I recall, it was for being in a 65 way or larger formation.

I really no longer remember exactly but I thought it was for a 4-point 8-way jump.

I have some number for it, somewhere.:S

JerryBaumchen

PS) And I think the Golden Falcon was an 8-point 4-way jump. And I have that one somewhere; heck, maybe they are in the same place. Now where . . . . .

There were a number of Eagle and Falcon awards. There was a Falcon (4 point 4 way), Double Falcon (8 point 4way), Eagle (2 point 8 way), Double Eagle (4 point 8 way), Silver Falcon (36 way or larger), and the Golden Eagle (64 way or larger). They used to put them on your membership cards. Looks like I got my Falcon thru Double Eagle in '87 at California City, and my Silver Falcon and Golden Eagle in '96 at Elsinore. I quit doing big ways when it became something you had to pay big money for.

Me and another experienced jumper would drag out 2 novices in a four way, grip switch just slow enough to do 4 clear points and then send them off to buy beer in exchange for signatures on their Falcon form. Really made me look forward to sunset load!

At the summer meeting in 2005 the BOD retired a whole bunch of awards.

Sparky

Performance Awards
The committee reviewed statistics for the performance award program as well as input solicited
from the membership survey. The low member participation indicates that the membership has
moved beyond this program. Consideration was given to each set of awards separately.

Motion 50: Passed 13/1 (Ms. Murdock)
(Mr. Quaintance – Against)
“Move to retire the USPA Freefall Awards to include the Falcon, Eagle, Double Falcon, Double
Eagle, 36-way Silver Falcon, and 64-way Golden Falcon on December 31, 2005 unless we run
out of stock sooner.”

Motion 51: Passed 12-2 (Ms. Murdock)
(Mr. Quaintance, Ms. Meyer – Against)
“Move to retire the USPA Canopy Freefall awards to include the 4 stack, night 4 stack, Canopy
Crest Recipient, Canopy Crest Soloist, Night CCR, and Night CCS not later than December 31,
2005 or until stock runs out.”

My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

starkmtn

Thanks everyone for the help! :D

You're welcome very welcome.

Any subject works for me to knock the DB thread from the top slot foe even a short time.

I wouldn't stoop to a shameless bump just to take their slot on the number one position on the hit parade.;) If we could find someone on the east coast to post with us....... :ph34r:
One Jump Wonder

Got grief for doing that. I would bump the oldest thread in history and trivia just to bump them down a notch.
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.

Although this thread probably has the correct info, back in the early 80's, before the USPA awards started, a couple at Antioch Parachute Center in California started their own Golden Eagle awards and gave out membership cards. As memory serves you had to get kiss pass from another Golden Eagle to join.

Just in case this is the GE # source and you win your bet.

madjohn

Main goals in life: Be on the "Jumpers Over Eighty" (JOE) World Record and attend the Lost Prairie Boogie once after I'm gone.