superbudweiser

Looking For Paul 1997 WFFC Quincy Mike Mullins King Air High Alt

I was on a load at the last minute for a high altitude jump on Mike Mullins King Air August 10th 1997. I was given a FREE jump from Mike Mullins, which he honored, because he ran out of oxygen at a boogie a month before. I ended up jumping with a husband and wife whose names I have in my log book as Jamie and Paul. Mike announced, "23,500 feet, Exit, Exit, Exit." I told Paul I did not have an AAD and informed him to make sure I opened in case of something like hypoxia. I was worried about the jump because at the time I was a smoker. When it came time for us to jump, we were last out, I was at the door and his wife stayed at the front of the plane and looked confused. I exited. I didn't want a bad spot. Paul followed shortly after I and it seemed like forever that his wife followed out the plane. Around a minute of freefall we finally made a round and our plan was a horny gorilla. His wife had nothing to do with the plan and Paul and I funneled. I tracked off and waved, and as I was pulling I looked back behind me and Paul was two feet behind me. He later told me he has pulled for two people before. He was there for me because I asked him to make sure I opened. I later found out that his wife blew out her eardrums during descent. Does anyone know off such a couple? I would like to thank him and get in touch. I only remember that they were from the Eastern United States. I never got their full names and wonder if they are still jumping.

I know, Right? I was just hoping someone would recognize the names and maybe remember someone that would remember the same story. I didn't bring up the one about jumping the jet without a group to jump with and followed out a four way and ended up geeking their jump the whole way down just so I could track away with them without worrying about another group that might have been behind me.

Paul sure took his appointed task as your human AAD seriously. You owe him beer at the very least.

That's one jump I'd never make without an AAD. Seen several videos of hypoxic exits. Sobering. Those loopy hypoxic jumpers think they are just fine.

Did two Mulllins high jumps at WFFC. Such a bargain at $48 per jump.

I've been amused that Red Bull spent over $30 million to give Felix only slightly more than twice the freefall time we got for $48.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I don't remember any names, but I was there that year with the Alabama Gang and did one of those loads. I'd have to check my spreadsheet for the actual date since my logbook containing those jumps is gone.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban