propblast

OLD Jump Plane Locations

Well,

I am always looking for new planes to add to my Log. I'd like to start a list/ current location of "older" or unique planes that are still putting out jumpers.

I am looking for:
C-47 or DC3
B25
B17
Stearman

But am always looking for other neat opportunities.

So what is near you? Cessna 182 need not apply, I have plenty of those.
:)
Propblast

propblast

Well,

I am always looking for new planes to add to my Log. I'd like to start a list/ current location of "older" or unique planes that are still putting out jumpers.

I am looking for:
C-47 or DC3
B25
B17
Stearman

But am always looking for other neat opportunities.

So what is near you? Cessna 182 need not apply, I have plenty of those.
:)

Skydive AZ flies a DC 3 once in a while. Usually at Xmas Boogies. Do this soon as DC 3 jumpships are getting very scarce. They were common when I started jumping in 1968.

Perris Valley CA has a DC 9-21 jet jumpship but it hasnt flown in a while. It isnt a difficult jump but it will sure impress your Whuffo friends.

B 25? Good luck. You'll have to schmooze a warbird owner.

B17... Collings Foundation still flies jumpers occasionally in theirs. Cost is about $400. They no longer jump their B 24. I got to jump the 24 at WFFC. It was worth every penny.

Lots of Stearmans around, but no DZs employ them as jumpships.

My rarest is an ATL 98 Carvair, thanks to WFFC. It is a double deck DC 4 mod.

I'd get a Twin Beech (Beech 18, C-45) jump as soon as you can. It is a real classic and is fast disappearing. Be sure your pilot has a lot of time in type and if it's a 100 degree day and they are overloading it don't go. Single engine performance isn't stellar to say the least.

My next goal is a C 97 jump. http://www.spiritoffreedom.org/c97.html Its a longshot but what a rush it would be.

Some guy jumped a TU 95 Bear bomber in the USSR. I cant find the post but it was on Dropzone years ago. It sounded credible. It was back in the days where you could get a lot of stuff done for US dollars in the Soviet Union.

The chances of a future Connie jump are very low. I keep hoping...

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Not trying to sound snarky, but check out your local airports. I learned to fly a few years ago and after getting to know the local airport community I have a bunch of jumps from cool old stuff. inn the last few years I've jumped

4 different Stearmen from 220's to 450's
Grumman ag cat, quite possibly my favorite jump ship ever
2 piper cubs
Bellanca scout
Citabria 7eca
Piper pacer
172 (nothing special, but its mine)
182's
And I've had offers to jump tons more from t-6's to Bonanzas.

Does anyone recall that wooden sailplane we jumped at WFFC? It was in Rantoul so it was mid 2000s. You couldn't fit in the front seat with a rig if you were tall so I flew open cockpit with my legs hanging out. We were towed by something that looked like an Ag Cat. Might have been a Piper. I think the sailplane was an ancient Schweizer. Man was it old and creaky. I kept hoping it had undergone a recent termite inspection.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I did one jump out of Super Connie at the 1997 WFFC. It was a 10 way speed star, 5 out the small door on the right, 5 out the big door on the left (looking in the direction the plane was flying)

Holy fuck, that screwed my exit up big time, and most of the others in my group too, LOL. But I did make it in time.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

It was a Cr22 or something like that. You didn't need tp be tall to not fit. I'm only 5'4" and had to hang my legs out on the ride up. Very sketchy exit too.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

I've scored about a have dozen L-19 bird-dog jumps over the years. Tight squeeze between the pilot seat and side wall. Then you're half out and realize theres no step...
Try lurking around sail-plane operations.
Don't worry about nuthin' cause nothin's gonna be okay.

Does anyone recall that wooden sailplane we jumped at WFFC? It was in Rantoul so it was mid 2000s. You couldn't fit in the front seat with a rig if you were tall so I flew open cockpit with my legs hanging out. We were towed by something that looked like an Ag Cat. Might have been a Piper. I think the sailplane was an ancient Schweizer. Man was it old and creaky. I kept hoping it had undergone a recent termite inspection.

I made a demo jump into Cable AP from a Blanik L-13 Glider. We made a formation load out of it. The tow plane was a Wilga, when we cut loose it came around on our left and we able to get a 4 way out of it.

Sparky

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/Skydiving/PSU_Blanik.jpg
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals