darkwing

Who When Where?

Judging be the mixture of gear I'd say 1979 as a wild guess. Blast handle, capewells and tapewells, plastic handles.Not sure about the who and where. Thats not Fronk at the back is it?.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

Curt Curtis on the left, BJ next to him. Looks like Fronk next, but not quite. I think the guy on the right was called Frog. But time is hard on the memory.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

darkwing

Nothing correct so far.

Not even the year-ish?

Although, the guy second from the right is someone I know I should know. :$:S If you know what I mean. :ph34r:

30 some-odd years from now, no one will have trouble remembering because they can look back through their video recoding library of every jump they've been on, and say "Yep, that's so and so, I remember them well." Even if they don't. ;)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

You are probably right. I was putting clues together such as the planes and the mix of gear in the photo. I started jumping in 1979 and it seemed like most experienced jumpers had 3 ring releases by then. I think 3 ring came out around 1976 so that placed the time for me.

The white plastic handles were banned after they would snap off in cold weather.Someone died when this happened the cable part remained in the pocket and no pull. The three ring rig looks like a Booth RWS Wonderhog. I cant tell if it had the belly band pilot chute pouch. I converted mine to a B.O.C. ti use with mt Eddie Mosher Swing -Wing in 76 or 77.

lekstrom10k

The white plastic handles were banned after they would snap off in cold weather.Someone died when this happened the cable part remained in the pocket and no pull. The three ring rig looks like a Booth RWS Wonderhog. I cant tell if it had the belly band pilot chute pouch. I converted mine to a B.O.C. ti use with mt Eddie Mosher Swing -Wing in 76 or 77.

Yeah I've seen a few of those broken handles. The W/hog would have had the belly band, all the early ones did. I had one of them it was the best thing since sliced bread....biffing the pilot chute and not having to hold onto a ripcord was just the best. As for the 3 ring, cutaways got a whole lot simpler and easier.

Booth did the skydiving world a huge favour with that system, I'd venture to say there were quite a few lives that weren't lost because of that change in technology.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

I'd venture to say there were quite a few lives that weren't lost because of that change in technology.

Annual fatalities in the US went down significantly in the early 80's (1981 had about 51 fatalities). I'd venture to guess that it was a combination of AFF, but more of the better gear, led by squares, 3-ring and throw-out pilot chutes. By 1981 there was very, very little old gear left.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)