jclalor

Most DZ'S Jumped in a 24 Hour period

jclalor

I was just wondering if there was a standing record?

Thanks.

No idea if there is a record.

My PB is 3 in one day 6 in a weekend.

Skydive Snohomish in the morning then south to Kapowsin Airsports when it was in its original location. We too off for a long drive over to Blue Skies at Bremerton. We next went on down to Toledo WA but did not make the last load so camped out there that night for another awsum bonfire.

Net morning we got the first load at Skydive Toledo then drove to Oregon to jump at Call Ralphs in Estacada and finished the day with a jump at Skydive Oregon in Mollala.

If the Puget Sound traffic did not suck so badly I guess one could do that in one day.. OR if you flew from DZ to DZ..
I would think that if you had an airplane and could fly from dropzone to dropzone in an area with high dropzone density like CA or FL.. you could knock out a lot more.

In a thread in GS from 2004 titled "Most Jumps In A Day" Andy Anderson posted this :

On April 13 1998 Mike Mullins flew a load around Florida. 14 of us jumped into 14 different DZ's and Alisha joined us on 4-5 of the jumps. When we got back to Keystone 2 hours ahead of schedule we all packed up and did another load.

Palatka-Flagler-Deland-Titusville-Sebastion-Pahokee-Clewiston-Lake Wales-South Lakeland-Zephyrhills-Coleman-Williston-Live Oak-Keystone x 2.

The jumpers were: Andy, Steady, Perry, Scott Atea, Dan, Jason, Mark, the late Scott Smith, Ted, Winsor, Scott "Taxiway", Harry, Bill, Wayne and Alisha.

Personal best over 20 in a day.

Andy

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

jceman

In a thread in GS from 2004 titled "Most Jumps In A Day" Andy Anderson posted this :

On April 13 1998 Mike Mullins flew a load around Florida. 14 of us jumped into 14 different DZ's and Alisha joined us on 4-5 of the jumps. When we got back to Keystone 2 hours ahead of schedule we all packed up and did another load.

Palatka-Flagler-Deland-Titusville-Sebastion-Pahokee-Clewiston-Lake Wales-South Lakeland-Zephyrhills-Coleman-Williston-Live Oak-Keystone x 2.

The jumpers were: Andy, Steady, Perry, Scott Atea, Dan, Jason, Mark, the late Scott Smith, Ted, Winsor, Scott "Taxiway", Harry, Bill, Wayne and Alisha.

Personal best over 20 in a day.

Andy

I remember reading about that. Made me wish I'd been on those loads. It was said that Mike or someone else gathered up all the waivers for each DZ ahead of time and had everyone sign them, before embarking on the tour. B|

Personally, I made it two DZs in one day. The original plan was to jump at Emerald Coast but it was winded out and nobody was there. So my buddy and I drove up to Opelika Skydiving in Tuskegee, made a jump there before they shut down with a few hours of daylight left. Unsatisfied, we drove up to Pell City and got in a jump or two.

That was not the only day I showed up at a DZ that was weathered out, then drove to another one to jump though.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Still watching from afar. Miss you Chuck, and the rest.
That day out of Keystone was one of the most memorable in the 27 years since I first lobbed out the door. We watched the sun rise over Palatka from in the plane, jumped and the sun went behind the earth and rose again under canopy. I think Windsor had a mal somewhere down the east coast and used Scotty Carbone's rig for the rest of the trip.

Not really such a great guy.
Andy