1 1
Bodhisattva420

The DropZone Obituaries

bozo

***Alamo Skydivers run by Larry Van Horne, Pleasanton Texas and Lockhart Texas in the mid 70's. Richard Castillo, Gary Potter, Steve Petto. Where are you guys?

Petto was at my daughters wedding a couple years ago. I think hes either in Alabama or Florida now. Still healthy but aging like most of us old farts.

The CRW dogs should know where he is.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Crossroads Skydivers, Downingtown, Pennsylvania.

Started out at the Ray Beiler farm in Glenmoore, PA then moved to a farm near Brandywine Manor west of Downingtown.

Watched these guys as a kid in the early sixties from our farm next door and could not wait to jump.

All goog things come to an end at the hands of the fun police.
www.geronimoskydiving.com

This one is for all the original Spaceland Jumpers. Does anyone remember jumping at the very short lived "Cow Pattie Palace"? It was somewhere in the middle of pastureland close to Brazos Bend State Park just South of Houston. My memories of it are vague. They used a DC-3 with clipped wings. Exit speed out the door was 150 mph. I also remember that on take off, marijuana seeds would come rolling down the isle.

~Paul Creel SCS-5015

Went there once. I think it was a result in part of a dispute between some jumpers and the SPX management. Then things went back to what passed for normal.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Went there once. I think it was a result in part of a dispute between some jumpers and the SPX management. Then things went back to what passed for normal.

Wendy P.

I bet we were on the same load. Not sure they ever did that more than once.

~Paul Creel SCS-5015

Heard some talk about dropzones in Eustis, Umatilla, and Keystone, FL. Nothing there now. Never jumped there myself.

Within the past year, Skydive Tampa Bay closed its doors.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

Never my Home DZ, but it was 2 Hours from my home and they always hosted great boogies. Skydive Wichita in Kingman, Kansas. Here is a snapshot from Googlemaps and my scrawling in Paint. They had one of the fastest and nicest 182's I've ever seen.

They closed ~2004(ish). Some may have input as to why, but it was a combination of burnout from those carrying the workload combined with bad relations with the airport.
=========Shaun ==========