Krip

The greatest generation is fading fast.

aphid

I did some serious research to find the answer to your question, googled it;) nylon was invented by Dupont? Late 30s went into production 1940 the mcnasties started the war in end of 41 so you bet there were nylon canopies in WW2.

1941? On 1 September 1939, Germany and Slovakia (which was a German client state at the time) invaded Poland. On 3 September France and Britain, followed by the fully independent Dominions of the British Commonwealth, – Australia, Canada, New Zealand and South Africa – declared war on Germany.

With all due respect, the dance did not start with the singular event in Hawaii. You guys just showed up fashionably late to the Prom.

With all due respect, and in the spirit of cooperaion I hate to confuse the issue with the facts.

But I have a couple of simple questions to ask you if your not to busy.:)
1) when was the first extermination camp opened and where?

2) how did a person qualify for a free one way ride in a locked box car.

3) what happened to all those people in the camps
A) it never happened
B) to busy to google it
C) don't want know

4) with all due respect of course

How did you miss SC and where all potltical matters belong . And end up in the h AND T Forum
Couldn't find you way back to sc.?

With al due respect of course:)
How far can you trace your family tree.

R.I.P

5)With all due due respect

A) did you forget the the basic rule of no politics in this forum or do you think the rules don't apply to you..

B ) DId you get lost on the eay to sc
One Jump Wonder

Krip

***That's a great story. B|

Here's one option if you guys cannot find a relative you trust to treat it as it deserves to be treated...

Donate it to a museum or archive with the history behind it. :)

Bed spread has arrived but the documtation is less than I was hoping for.
I'll do more research and if I can find what Im looking for I'll broach the subject again.

One of his jobs before the war was a glue applicator, for building wooden props. I would have preferred leaning about making wood props. He was a excellent wood worker and electrican

Picture of the bed spread, sorry still don't know how to post them.

HI Bill

You've given me a idea.

Since they were actually making wood props in that neck of the woods. Those poor folks don't move around very much. I'll take my boss with me and we'll talk to the dualing banjo dudes , chew the fat etc. Your related to who , wasnt her mo***m.married to so and so.:P

Who knows what the cat dragged in and where it went. If we find just one wooden prop in adequate shape. We, 'll buy it in a heartbeat. If we find two we, ll hang both of them on our wall and have dualing wooden props.:D

I would be honoured to just talk with someone that made wooden props back in the day from the greatest generation, talk about their production runs etc.

Anyone know what a half a dime is?

No its not a nickle :D

R. I.P.
One Jump Wonder

WGore

My uncle brought back a silk flare parachute and my mom made a baptismal gown out of it. I was the oldest but all of my siblings were baptized in it as well. I guess I was born to skydive. Not sure were it is now but my sister probably has it.
I actually made a number of jumps on a silk parachute that was part of the gear at the Ft. Knox SPC. I'm not sure where it came from but it was RW&B. It really packed nice but was heavy compared to a nylon chute of the same diameter.

Hi mr g

You did what.:o

Wle heard about the shelf life of silk canopies, it's about half of nylon.

How long was that.?

We found another little treasure of my Fil from thr greatest generation.
Did you smoke cigs b ack in the day?

Found a silver lookinng box, it slid open, there was clip to hold the matches and the rest of the inside was for a pack of cigs but it looked to short.

We tried a modern pack of cigs they fit but were to long. Scratchedhead scratched butt, damn that container was for unfiltered pack of cigs.:o

Gotta take a nap.

R.I.P.

One Jump Wonder

Krip

***My uncle brought back a silk flare parachute and my mom made a baptismal gown out of it. I was the oldest but all of my siblings were baptized in it as well. I guess I was born to skydive. Not sure were it is now but my sister probably has it.
I actually made a number of jumps on a silk parachute that was part of the gear at the Ft. Knox SPC. I'm not sure where it came from but it was RW&B. It really packed nice but was heavy compared to a nylon chute of the same diameter.

Hi mr g

You did what.:o

Wle heard about the shelf life of silk canopies, it's about half of nylon.

How long was that.?

We found another little treasure of my Fil from thr greatest generation.
Did you smoke cigs b ack in the day?

Found a silver lookinng box, it slid open, there was clip to hold the matches and the rest of the inside was for a pack of cigs but it looked to short.

We tried a modern pack of cigs they fit but were to long. Scratchedhead scratched butt, damn that container was for unfiltered pack of cigs.:o

Gotta take a nap.

R.I.P.

I jumped the parachute in 67 & 68. It was not that old at the time. I'm not sure who it was made for originally but jumping it with a deployment sleeve would have allowed it to be used after the 7 year limit. You have to remember that, that was a military standard based on non reefed deployments from high speed aircraft. Don't remember anything about manufacturer or the date of manufacture. That was a long time ago. Once out of the military I couldn't wait to get back to a high performance Para-commander.
GUNFIRE, The sound of Freedom!