BlueSBDeath

Papion question

Looking for information on the proper line length for crown lines, found a almost perfect condition 1974 Pap missing only the crown lines :S

Any help is appreciated, already checked Pointers Manual.
BSBD...........Its all about Respect,

USPA#-7062, FB-2197, Outlaw 499

first is it a French Pappilion The American made one was a loser. The Crown lines are only a packing aid and do not affect the performance at all. They are quite similar to packing tabs on squares. The PC set could be attached if the original locations are still visible .

Hi SBDeath,

Looking for information on the proper line length for crown lines,

The original ParaCommanders ( Mine was Ser #336 ) had crown lines that were very, very taut when the canopy was open & flying. I always thought this was a completely dumb idea & I have no knowledge of why Pioneer designed them that way. I ordered a new set, made to the lengths that I wanted, from Security & installed them. End of that dumb problem.

Just make them so that they only slightly loose when the canopy is inflated. That way they just sit there after opening, their job is done.

JerryBaumchen