jdobleman

WSCR Awards available again

I met Nancy Gruttman-Tyler at the SOS banquet in Elsinore and she is maintaining the WSCR awards. Lots of info at www.WSCR.org[url]

Been waiting over 20 years for another shot at this award.

madjohn

Main goals in life: Be on the "Jumpers Over Eighty" (JOE) World Record and attend the Lost Prairie Boogie once after I'm gone.

I'm trying to recall the rules... Is it true that guys can earn the award if they dock 9th or later on an all-women 8 way star?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I'm trying to recall the rules... Is it true that guys can earn the award if they dock 9th or later on an all-women 8 way star?

That's the way I remember it, which makes it harder for a guy because he must be able to count to eight. I'm in the slot for ninth on this one while some girls (Wendy?) are still coming in...

Yup, that's me making my way in. There's a reason your nickname was Fast Phil :)
Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

He was using a strobe -- I remember the warning to look forward, and not up, especially if we could see him lurking in our foreground. So of course, there's Debbie(?), looking up :ph34r:, and a couple of us checking our altimeters.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Mad John - thanks for inspiring us to get the first :D WSCR at Bay Area Skydiving (Byron) today! It was a whole lot of fun, just wish we could have gotten you yours today. Next time for sure! B|B|

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

monkycndo

I know number 1314 was just issued for a jump at Byron.

Yep, our 8-way earned 1312 through 1319 on April 27. There aren't any more new ones listed on the site since then.

I'm planning to organize some more in Northern California at various boogies this summer. B|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Hey, Mad John.... just want to say again how cool it was to meet Sheila (WSCR 3) and Betty (WSCR ?? but also a low number) on Saturday! Thanks for bringing them out - it was an honor to meet them and get their signatures on #1100 (which, fittingly, was an 8-way!). B|