Fearjoburg

Post your round jumps

Galeville, NY 1966 Accuracy Event, closest jump of meet (.6 meters). I was only jumper not jumping a ParaCommander. Hudson Valley Skydivers out of Gardinder NY vs the West Point Team. The West Point Team was headed up by Capt. Hal Spurlock,
who in '69 was KIA in VN, a terrific guy.

What's up with that goofy backwards main ripcord in the "my students" pic?

You never WERE one of the Cool-Kids huh?! :P

Guyz like me were cleared for that because of our Madd-Skillz...YOU guys always did it by the book, and prolly got picked last for dodge-ball! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

No pictures but how about a list of various rounds I've jumped: various cheapo mods..5TU, 7TU, Single T, Double L, 35' T-10 7TU, Hustler; reserve rides... 28' unmodified, 26' Navy, 26' lopo; "high performance" rounds..ParaCommander, Russian PC (4jumps/4DC's), Crossbow, Thunderbow and a Delta II (not a round but not a square either). There's no question that today's squares are superior but I got a lot of DC's with my PC and parked it into some tight target areas that you wouldn't be able to do with a square.

Dan,

This gentleman in the background behind me in this picture may be Captain Spurlock. I do recall the name and heard he had been killed in Vietnam.
DZGone.com
B-4600, C-3615, D-1814, Gold Wings #326, Diamond Wings #152.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

After making over 1,500 round jumps, I swithed to a square. Before I made my 1st Para Commander jump...'64? all my others were on the ubiquitous 1.1, 28' flat-round C9 surplus canopies.

Well, that 1st Paracommander Jump was my last 28' round jump. I borrowed PCs from then until I could buy my own.
Pat Works nee Madden Travis Works, Jr .B1575, C1798, D1813, Star Crest Solo#1, USPA#189,

Yes, it looks like him. I pm'ed you a photo from his West Point graduation in '58. He was serving at WP in '68 so might have been at the military Nats with the WP club. He was KIA in March '69 and posthumously advanced in rank to Lt Col. While the Military Reports list helicopter crash, I believe he was hit by hostile fire before the chopper went in. He is buried at West Point. Thank you for your post. Nice to remember the jumpers who gave all in VN war.
Dan

I have jumped 5,936 round canopies from 22' to 35' diameter with no broken bones........lots of reserve rides!!! 1,034 Ramair (square) of various sizes with no reserve rides.......I believe that I made the 1st live jump on a Ramair from Dominic Jalberts Beechcraft Bonanza in 1962.

I waited to post this till my 30th Anniversary of my first jump. This photo was actually taken 3 weeks later and it's my first freefall. It's a 35' T-10 and it was taken in July 1983 at Lakewood Skydiving Center in New Jersey. I also still have original jump tickets, a T-shirt, and the first new container I ever purchased, all from Lakewood. The container is a National Warp III and currently has a heavyweight Delta Cloud and a 28' Phantom in it.

Somewhere I have a VHS copy of the movie "The Endless Fall" by Mike Swain. There's a clip of me making a particularly inelegant accuracy landing on a windy day at Indiantown sometime in the late 60's. I'll try to find it and share it. In all, about a thousand of my jumps were on rounds and about a hundred of those were on C-9 flat circular Double Ls and 5-TUs.
DZGone.com
B-4600, C-3615, D-1814, Gold Wings #326, Diamond Wings #152.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!