mmilton.05saa

Please take part in this undergraduate study.

Have you ever wondered why certain people just don’t enjoy thrills the same as you? We are conducting an experiment to try and figure out what causes people to take risks in high risk sports. This survey will only take 10mins and will help me to do my 3rd year project at uni. Also there is a prize draw at the end if you need further incentive. Please click the link below to take part, if you cannot click on the link simply open a new tab on your browser and enter the link into the search bar. Thank you.

https://survey.psychology.bangor.ac.uk/mediation

Define an "accident".
Define a "close call".
On every skydive, we "come close to injury or worse".
Every jump "deliberately puts ourselves in danger".
You allow multiple contradictory answers.
Geez, these questions are all very poor, and meaningless for skydiving.
I'm giving up on it.

Have you ever wondered why certain people just don’t enjoy thrills the same as you?

Have you ever wondered why certain people just don't research their field of study before putting together something like you have? I'd fail you for lack of background research and for lack of knowledge of your thesis field.

Have you no knowledge of D4DR?

We are not stupid because we jump out of air planes...we can't help it: it's in our genes.

Jeesh...
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

Not only that, but those that post here have heard a bazillion threads just like this one and with only a post or two (meaning you aren't a part of the community), you aren't even likely to get very good results from your survey.

After all, it's much more fun to go and give bogus/sarcastic answers instead of answering the same questions over and over and over and over... I'm sure you (the OP) get my point.

Frankly, IMO, a much more interesting study would be to track how the attitude vs. the jump #s and the posting history here would be. My hypothesis would be: New jumpers answer earnestly, experienced jumpers answer sarcastically, and very experienced jumpers go either way, with the best of the lot answering gently and informatively (more power to the few here who can keep answering the same questions, kindly, for the umpteenth time).
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

...very experienced jumpers go either way...

Now THAT would be an interesting study! :$>:(

Well, anyone who's ever done a three-way has had to make some difficult decisions. ;):)

At first I thought maybe you meant either up or down, but now that you mention it, yes, my first 3 way was a game changer...

I took your survey, but you should know I found many of your questions to be worded extreemly biased to the point of insult. I've taken several serveys and been involved in a handful of case studies and have never heard such terrible questions. Survey writing must be unbiased to achieve accurate results. Perhaps they don't teach that at your Uni.

"I feel lucky not to have been involved in an accident when finishing a day of participation in my sport. "

Really?

I took your survey, but you should know I found many of your questions to be worded extreemly biased to the point of insult. I've taken several serveys and been involved in a handful of case studies and have never heard such terrible questions. Survey writing must be unbiased to achieve accurate results. Perhaps they don't teach that at your Uni.

"I feel lucky not to have been involved in an accident when finishing a day of participation in my sport. "

Really?

As a matter of idle curiosity, did they teach spelling and grammar at your Uni?

Really?

:D:D snap

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Really?

In your survey instrument; it's spelled, "Moderatley" [agree]. Is that the Queen's English? :)
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.