Southern_Man

Government Archives of Parachute Jumping meets (1963)

I was tooling around on archive.org and ran into this http://archive.org/details/gov.archives.arc.645295

It proports to be footage from the CIA in 1963, focusing on parachute meets. Unfortunately just looks like a team of competitors being greeted various places.

Anyhow, thought I would post it here in case anybody is interested. I'd be interested in reading details if anybody recognizes this stuff.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Wondering what the connection is between the CIA and parachute meets...

Back in the 70's during the Cold War, the communist nations used to mingle with the democratic nations during world meets. The commies had "handlers" with their teams to make sure that their participants didn't stray from the party line. And in one case I know of, a guy named Nick used the Pan Am games in central America to defect from the Cuban parachute team, and went on to reside in south Florida, and jump at Indiantown and Clewiston. That's the only connection with international intrigue that I can think of.

Don't know, I didn't get any sound playing even after adjusting several settings.

Appeared that at least a couple of those clips were in places that may not be considered "friendly" to US interests. I am guessing Cold War Intrigue just as you suggest, but I don't really know.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

That was old 1950's black and white, probably 16mm, footage. There would be no sound on it. I recognized Prime Minister Nehru toward the end but the rest were just a bunch of political figures. I didn't see a single skydiver in the whole thing.
If you know how many guns you have - you don't have enough!