likestojump

Interesting rig

I won't say the name, as Beatnik has one and I have one (although mine has the older OSK releases). ;)

I do like how the Russians built their 3 rings "the other way around", putting the complex parts on the harness, not the riser. Reserve attachment point philosophy was also developed independently from the US.

I could tell it was a PC class canopy in the first set of pic where the lines were shown in the pack tray. BUT the connector links looked weird and then the riser release too.... So those were a dead give away as too that being eastern block design. But I really did know for sure. Mr. Chapman's comment was also a big ass hint.

Cool stuff man, now go jump it or send it to me to test out once or twice, I'll send it back to you promise, scouts honor.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

wow.....and i thought a switlick 4 pin container had too many bungees on it !!!:o

is the cone which is used for the 3 ring... the same type of cone which is used for the pin/cone combination
for CLOSINg the container??

where does the chest mount reserve connect??? i can't make out any D rings

talk about "do it yourself rigging!!!".. Yikes !!!

i just KNOW that the TSO "will be getting issued,,,, ANY day Now " !!
:SB|;)[:/]

thanks for the pics....

jmy
uspa # 9452
A 3914
D 12122

wow.....:o

is the cone which is used for the 3 ring... the same type of cone which is used for the pin/cone combination
for CLOSINg the container??

... :SB|;)[:/]

thanks for the pics....

jmy
uspa # 9452
A 3914
D 12122

There are three disadvantages with that version of 3-Ring.

Compared with Booth's version, you lose the 2/1 advantage of the white string.

The second disadvantage is that the bare steel cable is asked to carry a large bending load - across the diameter of the smallest ring - vastly increasing the risk of "suck through" during a hard opening.

The third disadvantage is that the cable will only pull easily from one - narrow angle.

Sorry, but Booth's first version (RW-0 and RW-1 harness rings) of the 3-Ring release system proved popular because it included large margins for error. This Russian version has much smaller margins for error.

No thanks!

where does the chest mount reserve connect??? i can't make out any D rings

See DN5A6015-001.JPG from the first post. Below the red cutaway pad, i.e., away from the 3-ring end of the harness, there are 2 "A-frame" shaped posts, part of the reserve attachment hardware attached into the harness. One can see a rod linking the two posts.

When a reserve is being attached, the rod slides through a loop at the end of the reserve riser. So the Russian reserves aren't of a "quick attach" style at all; there's no hook or D-ring.

The rod normally has a safety pin in it. Remove the safety, then with a push and twist one unlocks the rod and pulls it out.

Once again, it seems logical enough.... but totally different than the US system.

(I can't recall offhand if they use a cross connector strap or not -- since one shouldn't accidentally be able to unsnap one side.)

The reserve attachment hardware looks reasonably strong to me.

But what freaks me out a little on Russian style gear is the loose looking weave of the webbing, which makes it look like straps on a cheap backpack rather than the dense surface of many Milspec webbings. It probably is perfectly good, but it looks different...