patworks

When patches certified status and proclaimed skill

Imagine my confusion when asked to jump with a girl wearing a "World Team" jumpsuit replete with the requisite patches. She told me it would be her "First hooked up 6-way exit." Hmmm... I think to myself. Now how'd she get so good and never do a six way exit? Tunnel rat? Turns out she had bought the suit and filled it out very nicely but sure didn't have the skills or experience the patches suggested she might possess. Rubbed me wrong in a way I guess but it probably shouldn't have. Lighten up Francis.

jon

Nice!!! i remember the PCA patch and i like how you teamed it up with the uspa patch which matched it,,,(triangles)..
the nscr is a favorite too.. i have always loved the colors and the design... I was lucky enough to earn my SCR in 1976 and so received a red white and blue "bicentennial" SCR patch..:). great memories. Thanks for sharing..
jmy

Pat

Thank you for sharing.

Additional Trivia... When I built Bill Newell's first website circa 2001; you were in one of only two teams at the time to have accomplished the USA award. To date, only four teams have qualified for the same.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I've got only seven of the patches that Pat showed (plus a few not on camera, but I'm sure he has), and holy crap, I would never consider wearing a patch that I did NOT earn.

Have you got one of these?

Sparky

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/Skydiving/Patches42.jpg
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Bigun Anvil Bro 2
Yes the USA STARCREST Award is way tough unless you know both freefly and 4-way belly RW. Damn few skydivers can pull it off on a 60' delay.

It is called the "Universal Skydiver Award" Founded in '82, it didn't get accomplished 'til 20 + years later.

Pat USA2

Thank you for your good work on the Starcrest site!!!
Pat Works nee Madden Travis Works, Jr .B1575, C1798, D1813, Star Crest Solo#1, USPA#189,

I've got only seven of the patches that Pat showed (plus a few not on camera, but I'm sure he has), and holy crap, I would never consider wearing a patch that I did NOT earn.

Sparky

Nope :( I'd already gone to Japan and Hawaii by that time. I have seen it before, but never understood the horse.

Can you clue me in? :)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Sparky

Nope :( I'd already gone to Japan and Hawaii by that time. I have seen it before, but never understood the horse.

Can you clue me in? :)

It’s the brand “EFS” on a horse’s ass. My ex-wife made them up back when we were still married.

Sparky

Yep, I'm both Outlaw and WSCR... Through a Glass Darkly my WSCR jump is crystal clear. Janner, Sally, Wendy, Betty won the WSCR 4-way at Pope Valley in 1977. Afterwards the ladies made an 8-way and allowed me to follow them out. ...a beautiful crystal-clear day in a spotless sky etched the sun's bright images on my brain. As my body descended and entered the star, that brilliance reflected in the faces of happy ladies. Pretty people; lovely jump.
Pat Works nee Madden Travis Works, Jr .B1575, C1798, D1813, Star Crest Solo#1, USPA#189,

Yep, I'm both Outlaw and WSCR... Through a Glass Darkly my WSCR jump is crystal clear. Janner, Sally, Wendy, Betty won the WSCR 4-way at Pope Valley in 1977. Afterwards the ladies made an 8-way and allowed me to follow them out. ...a beautiful crystal-clear day in a spotless sky etched the sun's bright images on my brain. As my body descended and entered the star, that brilliance reflected in the faces of happy ladies. Pretty people; lovely jump.

You are still the master of works.B|

Sparky

B| ~ Thanks for taking us along! ~ B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

B| ~ Thanks for taking us along! ~ B|

I alwas thought of patches on a jumpsuit.. as a display of someones inability to land a parachute properly...

Oh you meant EMBROIDERED patches....:)

I alwas thought of patches on a jumpsuit.. as a display of someones inability to land a parachute properly...

Oh you meant EMBROIDERED patches....:)

Well, even the embroidered patches were often used to cover up holes in the jumpsuits where someone had been dragged too much.