Ladywolf

Information Search (OLD)

Hello. I'm new here; I'm posting in the hope that someone here might remember an old friend of mine with whom I lost touch many years ago. I learned last year that he had died in a skydiving accident and that really is all I know. The circumstances of the accident sound a little unusual to me, and I have been unable to locate an obituary or any information. His name was Eric Lee Anderson. He died on November 1, 1974 and the one partial UPI account I could find was run on November 4 of that year. Apparently he lived in Hayward, CA, and the jump was a night jump in Livermore. Any information will be very welcome.
Thank you for your time!
Maureen
[email protected]

Don't know if this helps:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3435751;search_string=eric%20anderson;#3435751

A quick search turned up that, but you might be able to find out more if you were to do an advanced search with all the possible names, circumstances, places etc. on this site. Use the "(options)" option at the bottom of the page.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

The first report I had seen stated that he had been hit by the propeller during a jump. It makes much more sense now that I know the accident happened on the ground.
Thank you,
Maureen

That would indeed be unusual, but not unheard of. It's happened several times, unfortunately...