MissBuffDiver

Bill Newell SCR#3 has passed...

It is with a heavy heart that I tell you of the passing of BILL NEWELL SCR#3. He passed on Aug. 5, Sunday evening around 6pm. He was at home with loved ones and his son Danny held his hand as Bill surrendered to God's call. Most of you Skydivers know that Bill is the founder of a most coveted award and that is the SCR and SCS. He was SCR #3 in the first 8-man round ever made in Arvin, CA on 10-17-65. The original 8 include Gary Young #1, Al Paradowski #2, Bill Newell #3, Mitch Poteet #4, Bill Stage #5, Jim Dann #6, Don Henderson #7, Brian Williams #8. Bill was preceeded in death by Bill on 1-30-10 and Don on 12-3-10...These 8 Men are the foundation of RW and they paved the way for all that followed...They were the Pioneers and Heroes for us all...Thank You for all the contributions you made to this sport Bill we love so much. But even more than that, Thank You for being such an awesome wonderful friend to all that crossed your path. If you knew him, lucky you. If you knew of him, lucky you. If you didn't get the chance to meet him, you really missed out on an amazing Man who truly loved others and this sport. To his Family I can only say you were the most lucky of all to have this Man in your life at a deeper level...God has promised us that we'll all see him again so carry on the best you can. I'm sure he was met at the BIG DZ in THE SKY with open arms by friends that went before him...I am smiling now knowing that he's probably made a few jumps with the OLD GANG and he's happy...RIP my Friend til we meet again...♥Sandy Harper-Calliham SCR#2046♥
Blue Skies Wild Willie RIP...
Sandy