likestojump

Help identify this LeMoigne class round

I thought it's a PC, but upon closer inspection I am not sure.
The canopy is all taffeta
No data panel, but I can see factory panel ink stamps.
The amount of turn slots threw me off, as did the the number of vents in the rear.

My best guess is that this may be a modified Mark II..

Any clues ?

Just guessing:
Could it be a home modification of a common design?

I haven't looked in detail, but it is somewhat close to a Mark II PC, but with a bigger central aft drive hole. Does that aspect look factory built or not? Extra holes cut out at the back can also explain a missing data panel. I've seen that before.

Could it be a parasail rather than a parachute?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Could it be a parasail rather than a parachute?

Wendy P.

It's definitely a parachute (came with a slag and a container with 1.5 shot capewells :). I am quite confident it's a Mark II PC with a removed rear panel for better drive (and thus missing the ID markings) and patched vents on the bottom most of the skirt rear

Andrew already posted the information for those that doubt. The second post in this thread has an attachment called pc slots. The middle one, the Mark II, has panels that are exactly the same as the photos that Paul posted. You can't really get any closer than that. My guess also comes from the 20+ PCs that I have owned and the 8 I currently own. It might be something else but I am pretty confident that it is a Mark II.

Removing the middle panel was a common mod done on PCs to give them more forward drive. This wasn't unique to Mark II's. Mark I's had them done as well. I have a slider that someone made from a PC data panel.

I thought it's a PC, but upon closer inspection I am not sure.
The canopy is all taffeta
No data panel, but I can see factory panel ink stamps.
The amount of turn slots threw me off, as did the the number of vents in the rear.

My best guess is that this may be a modified Mark II..

Any clues ?

If it was a markII it wouldnt have a drive hole Its right on 24 gores for a PC. It isnt a 23 Russian as the vents are wrong. Check the line lengths to compare it to charts for other models Its neither Paps USA or French as the nose doesnt have the vents abovethe skirt right

Competition Para Commander or a copy of same. Mid seventies, was brought out to compete with Papion.

Even I can say that it's incorrect.

This canopy would be a dog compared to the true CompPC, considering it's missing a turn slot from each side and some of the rear drive slots.

left side image is of the factory CompPC