baronn

Andrew Thornton II

Does anyone know or heard of this guy? He died September 11th 1985

He was an early tandem test jumper.

He also worked as a delivery guy for Jimmy Johns Subs. He won employee of the month for always asking customers “Do you want Coke with that?”

"...we'll get it there is 20 minutes FLAT"

I think he maybe misunderstood that last part? :)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

He also worked as a delivery guy for Jimmy Johns Subs. He won employee of the month for always asking customers “Do you want Coke with that?”

He always cratered to his customers desires. Sorry, I meant catered.

He always cratered to his customers desires.

With a "Coke and a Smile."
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

He always cratered to his customers desires.

With a "Coke and a Smile."

and Extra Sleeze...

I think it was Nick dG who joked that if Thornton had bounced in front of Nick's own home... the next morning the cops would have been wondering why there was a naked dead guy on the driveway.

That's the difference between me and my ole buddy Nick. :)

If Thornton had bounced in MY driveway...:$

~the cops would be wondering what a naked dead guy was doing in NICK'S driveway! :ph34r:

Wow, that's rich. Shall I "super-size" that?
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

I jumped & knew Drew in the old days @ Xenia. I was a young jumper who went there to do bigger ways. He gave me a chance & I proved myself, then I was on all the good loads. He was fun to jump with. I didn't know all he was into till after he went in. I was very sad that we lost another good jumper & Beech18 pilot. I hate to see you guys diss the dead. He was an adventurer & excellent skydiver. He was not the only one in that business & skydiving had progressed thru those years because of people that were..RIP Drew..it was good to know you.

I jumped & knew Drew in the old days @ Xenia. I was a young jumper who went there to do bigger ways. He gave me a chance & I proved myself, then I was on all the good loads. He was fun to jump with. I didn't know all he was into till after he went in. I was very sad that we lost another good jumper & Beech18 pilot. I hate to see you guys diss the dead. He was an adventurer & excellent skydiver. He was not the only one in that business & skydiving had progressed thru those years because of people that were..RIP Drew..it was good to know you.

We're not dissing your friend, Mark. We're making light of a big-time drug smuggler who died in the commission of his felony crime. In the context of this conversation, Andrew was a cocaine smuggler regardless of whatever else he was.

And honestly, brother. Skydiving would have progressed whether a gang of criminals smuggled tons of coke into the country or not. Excusing crimes that contributed to the sick, nasty underworld of drugs and violence because some drop zones got million dollar planes out of the deal isn't working for most of us. Those boys put a big, nasty scar on the sport.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

>>He was an adventurer & excellent skydiver.
Considering how he died...I think 'Excellent' could have a good agrument against it.

Read the excerpts from the book on Amazon...

He was a liar, a thief, he use to beat people up for no reason, he brought poison in that destroys lives.

...he died as he lived...as a piece of shit drug mule runnin' from the cops.

If there is a Hell ...I hope they're making this guy air-tight daily and there is busted glass in the anal lube.

I think any hero worship is a bit misplaced Mark, plenty of people pushed the sport forward without ruining other people's lives...or messing up their driveways! :ph34r:

But hey, that's just my opnion. ;)