Krip

DZ nicknames

Hi Jumpers ( Gender neutral)

DZ Nickname's? We all heard them especially at some of those DZ's. Anyone got some they care to share on the internet with us.

One of the best I heard was a dude named Butt Juice.:$

When his mom started jumping I tried real hard but couldn't resist.I asked dear mom since her sons name was Butt Juice was her name Ms Butt Juice .:ph34r::D:D

She was B| about it I think and just giggled.:$

How did Butt Juice guess his name? Anyone want to guess:ph34r:
One Jump Wonder

At Zhills we had a guy called kickstart.
Got that when he asked to borrow someones dirt bike.
"you ridden one before dude, right"
"Hell yeh, I am great on these things "
"You sure,do you want me to start it ??? "
"No, I know what I am doing, i'm not stupid "

He then pulled up the kick stand and tried to kick it over with the GEAR SHIFTER

TWICE

Needless to say they don't start very well doing that !!!!!
Repairs were needed,and he became kickstart (moron was already taken )

Back in the '70s at my home club DZ just about everybody had a nickname...

Iron Man ~ was strange a guy in his late 30's who would show up at the DZ in an OLD rusted out chevy station-wagon.
In the back were 5 matching well used mini-systems with identical jumbo PCs in them, he had one reserve.
He'd jump 5 times, load up the car, get wasted & head home.
They called him Iron Man because he had a pair of leg braces like Forrest Gump wore. Years prior as a student he got caught up in the lines of an opening parachute and it pulled his knees apart. Walked funny but he was jumping!
He took a couple of us n00bs to a local bar to celebrate SCR's IIRC, he bought every round with a brand new 100 dollar bill...back in the 70's!! :S Weird d00d.

Kaptian K ~ Guy I knew from high school, year ahead of me. I went to the senior prom & he went to Vietnam. We took our FJC together, Unbelievable larger than life luck on that guy, he was Forrest Gump before there WAS one.
He picked up the nickname because like a cartoon character he'd walk away from no-shit certain death half a dozen times a day..EVERY freakin' DAY! :S

Finally caught up with him in spades, he balled up a borrowed Queen Air late one night at a little unlighted strip, with his GF riding shotgun.
She got pretty busted up so he dragged her to his Trans AM and lit out to the medics.

Hit a damn power-pole 1/2 there and balled up the car too. Both bruised up but nothing damaged permanent...unlike like his Airman Ticket. Used the GI Bill to get everything...Double I Multi, ATP, A&P...you name it he had, just started flyin corporate when everything went really really REALLY bad. :|

...put it this way, the Feds yanked it for life, on appeal they said don't EVER call us again, we'll call you. :P

K told me at the hearing the 'judge' said something to the effect, if you're reincarnated...they guy you come BACK as will NEVER FLY! :oB|:ph34r:

Hulk ~ Guy about my age that was 5'8" (in heels) and over 250 lbs...with NO fat on him. I use to tell him an inch taller and he'd be round.

Tough SOB, saw him stand up a 22' reserve in fairly brisk winds on concrete once...his Frenchies left about 18 inch long down-wind skid marks, but he didn't go down! :o

Hollywood~ Late 20's, great jumper & the nicest guy. Had movie actor good looks, S.F. VietVet with a star over his jump wings.
Had every rating available back then.
Drove a 427 Vette rag-top and always had a different fox riding shotgun. Get this..'real name' was John Wayne.B|:D

Pickles~ guy a few years older than me, no idea about the nick name other than he HATED it.
Years later after college etc. I moved to the left coast, walkin' onto the 'Snore DZ I spot a guy packing that looks familiar ...HEY PICKLES!
---Boy was PISSED :ph34r:

Twardo~ That Be Me...abbreviated version of my long and for some, hard to say & spell last name.
High School football coach branded me with it, said 'my real' name would have to be continued on the jersey of the guy next to me. :D

I was an 'early days' TI and picked up the 'AirTwardo' nickname for a while. A DZO employer joked that since I'm a bigger guy, students didn't harness in, the walked up a jet-way to get ON. Assigning students to TM's over the DZ PA it was common to hear ~ Robert H. you are flying 1st class on Air ~ Twardo today....:S

Met and became friends for years with ole Shorty, out of Lincoln, did a lotta Liberty Team demos with him. Traveled to some far away places SCUBA diving with him too.
A genuine, triple digit D, hard-core icon in the sport...dunno why but he & I just clicked and were always pretty tight. I miss him.

hummm...who else. :)

Edited to add: HOW could I forget!? :S

Anybody know...?

Who the Fuck is ELMO?! :ph34r:B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Hi Twardo

Butt Juice got his name at Ralph's.

Back in the day when stinking out the plane was a Badge of honor especialy if people would whine, try breath thru there gloves there eyes would start to water every one would look at ea otherr trying to figure out who the stinker was :|

Butt Juice thought he had save up some good gas.:ph34r::ph34r:

To bad so sad his stinker wasn't a gas it was in the liquid form, and he letit go with gusto.:o:(:$

Ralph had nicknames for most of the people at his DZ. Butt Juices earned his:P

I would run into him here and there, always adressed him as Butt Juice. Until I met him at the Kick ass boogie in Bali. Didn't even know him and Tex were going.

Hi Butt juice :)B|

(I'm not talking about Mr BJ Worth) so don't even go there>:(

One Jump Wonder

I remember

Skylab - cause of the rate at which he'd plummet towards the earth

hawkeye - cause he looked out of the dc-3 and saw a runway number through a hole in the clouds - could have been tampa international for all we knew, but when we popped through the clouds at 3000' or so, it was indeed the right one.

Treetop Tim, of course, no need for explanation

peanut butter B*b

Captain Koolaid

I got my nickname, skypuppy, because one of my instructors said (after I fucked up on a dive again,) that trying to teach me to jump was like house-training a puppy, you had to rub their nose in it a few times till they got the idea -- then someone said 'a skypuppy' and it stuck.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Ft lewis jump club

Unbearded bob, had a beard (Dod civie)

Little bob was a big man (Dod civie)

Dangerous Darrell was very dangerous kid seemed to like the nickname utill we witnessed a S/l bounce.Then he wanted to quit jumping:S

Skydave: He picked his own nickname. army dude tried out for the golden knights twice (enough said)

LP: Women drives onto the DZ on a big ass Harley and wants to Party!!! her nick name was "Deb the destroyer" I did't ask why I went and sat next to my boss to keep from being destroyed or getting hit with someones body parts or red body fluids.

LP: Mike. Funny dude first met him in olla. Then bumped into him at the boogie in LP We're in the bar shooting pool with some local jumpers Mike's standing at the bar between 2 canadian sky babes. Local jumper says damn that dudes butt naked:o. I look over nope thats Mike and he's he's wearing his shoes. The canadian girls are giggleing. Naked mike was born.

The next night same bar a local cowboy and his cowgirl non jumpers stop by for a few drinks. The cowboy goes to take a pee. Some how naked mike got butt naked and sits down next to the cowgirl.

Cowboy comes out of the bathroom see's naked mike sitting next to his girl friend.:o Cowboy is >:(>:( wants to fight with naked mike. Bartender throws the dude out and his girlfriend decides to stay, :P DZ bar, DZ rules. That was about 20 yr's ago.

One Jump Wonder

A few spring to mind:

Cannonball....short and solid, fell like one.

Peter Power Pole.....Took out a pole on his way home from the DZ with a skinful.

Golow....speaks for itself.

Trigger....robbed a bank wearing skydiving gloves, a smart cop recognised them and tracked him down. Came to us on a prison day release programme, landed in the lake and drowned.

Spinnamon...girl student with the first name of Cinnamon, had problems in her early FF career.

Bigfoot....One of the skydiving brothers Gamble, the biggest of the two.

Kornkob....got busted stealing some sweetcorn from a farmers field.

Wingnut...aka Wing Commander Nut (he was a pilot as well)....his ears stuck out....

Actually too many to name, there must be a lot I've forgotten....
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

now that I think of it, there was a guy named Anvil who was pretty well known.

And Downwind Lynn, who was grounded at several dropzones in quick succession. Turned out to be grounded at one too few one day.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

We shouldn't omit a well known one: "TK" Hayes - Tent Killer.

I know a Thumper, presumably from his early days of landings.

One also gets the not so creative nicknames, such as someone called Max who approaches formations too quickly becoming Mad Max.

As for Puppy's comment about Downwind Lynn, he means that she became dead Lynn. As in dead, not like Dead Mike (Vederman), who survived his accident. From what I've read, the paramedics thought he was dead and started driving off slowly, lights off, until he started to move and they picked up the pace.

And there was the Air Force pilot and jumper Dead Steve (Morrell), who missed taking the fatal Pan Am flight 103 because he had hurt himself BASE jumping. (Tho' he later died in a CRW accident.)

Those kind of nicknames don't count quite in the same way since they add to someone's actual name rather than replacing it entirely.

Some years back I stopped by a little 'private club' a guy I jumped with in the 70's had on his farm in Illinois.

His son was getting into jumping so to keep an eye on him he made a DZ at home. B|

In time to just make the last load which my old friend was flying, the 25 or so skydivers at the 'invatation only' DZ are lookin like who's this guy.
So when I land the introductions and beer are being handed out.

1/2 way through the circle this super sweet ultra hot 20something in a bikini shakes my hand and says "I'm CG"

"C.G. what's that stand for?" I asked.

It's an aviation term...you're obviously NOT a pilot!"

"You're the Center of Gravity?" I inquire somewhat confused...:$

"No...Cum Guzzler" :)

As I choked & the beer shot outta my ears...I pulled out my 'Private' ticket! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Hi Skydivejack

I'm sure you remember "Snake" from Missouri. He told me about meeting some women that ran up to him with tears in their eyes and hanging all over him.
They heard a typical DZ rumor that he was dead.

Told snake he missed his chance he could have told them he did die just came back from heaven as a angel. Ever sleep with a angel :ph34r::ph34r:

Perish valley:o As many loads as they fly, and jumpers they put out. One of the major DZ's always seems to be on the hot seat.The airplane thing :(:( these days don't even count.

On the other hand I've heard of the Perrisite's . The airtrash group sounds lika a lot of fun. Anyone know their nick names besides Elmo?