d16842

Ft Hood Skydivers in 1970's

I was going through some old logbooks from Ft Hood Parachute Club from the mid-70's, and can't read a lot of signatures. Does anyone who did Army sport skydiving during the period have one of General John Singlaub that I could compare to?

How many from Ft Hood then are still in the sport? If anyone jumped there then, or knows someone you think may have, please give them my email address, or send theirs to me please.

Tom Birdwell

There isn't a Fort Hood Parachute Club anymore. The closest dropzone is Skydive Temple in Salado Texas. That might be a good place to start but it wasn't around in the 1970s.

BTW I'm a jumper and I work at Fort Hood (Army contractor, been here for 4 years)
http://3ringnecklace.com/

I jumped with him once but never got him to sign my book. Actually I don't think it even occurred to me to even try. Interestingly, no one could do a stand up landing that day. It wasn't "military" (needed to do a PLF), so the general didn't approve. I forgot and stood up my 7TU. Then immediately fell down.

Made a lot of jumps with Gene and drank a lot of beer also, from 1960 to 1963. We were the original group formed in 1960. Gene passed away a couple of years ago , Dick Nations and I attended his Memorial in Kerrville, Texas. Some of the original group were Dick Nations, Ken DeMoss, Bob Sholly, Eldon Streich, Jim Hahn, Dennis Clark and myself Chuck Fronce!