mjosparky

Steve VanCleave

On the ground after the jump or what?

Steve was a buddy of mine, jumped with him many times.

Very sad to hear this.

Edit to ad, I have been told he collapsed after landing. His last skydive was a success.

Hi Mr Stewart

Sorry to hear about steve.:(

Same deal with Johny Gates his last jump was a success and the Cypress saved his body:)

Harry, Bear, etc. Keep the light on guy's, we're coming.

K-RIP
One Jump Wonder

I have heard that Steve did a perfect stand up landing and then collapsed walking back from the landing area.

When people ask me my favorite part of the skydive I always say walking back after landing. Because that means I am still alive and my legs are not broken.

Blue skies Steve, you made it to the best part of the jump!
Onward and Upward!

I'm quite sad to hear this news. Steve and I shared countless jumps and many adventures. I knew he had gotten into Base jumping and was living his dreams. He was always quick with a smile, generous with his knowledge and always a gentleman. He was already a veteran of the sport and a fixture on the dropzone when I was a student. Although I had not seen him in several years I can still remember his voice and see his face in freefall......

-Tommy

Hi Spark,
This is getting scary!!!!! Too many of my/our friends are getting their ticket punched by Gregg Reynolds aka the "Grim Reaper!!" Whoz next?????? 'Remember Steve from our old Skydivin' daze at old Smell-some-more and Scare-us-valley!! Fly on Steve. That Star up there just got one bigger. Say hi to Gary, Kevin, Dirty Ed and the rest of our friends for us. Blue skyz bud.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Hi Spark,
This is getting scary!!!!! Too many of my/our friends are getting their ticket punched by Gregg Reynolds aka the "Grim Reaper!!" Whoz next?????? 'Remember Steve from our old Skydivin' daze at old Smell-some-more and Scare-us-valley!! Fly on Steve. That Star up there just got one bigger. Say hi to Gary, Kevin, Dirty Ed and the rest of our friends for us. Blue skyz bud.

Just in the last few years.

1. Joe Crotwell
2. Steve Fielding
3. Gary Doris
4. Bill Edwards
5. Bad Spot Bill
6. Claude
7. Raymond "Pelon" Gerrero
8. Harry Leicher
9. Paul Gorman
10. Bill Stage
11. Lou Paproski
12. John Kelly – JP
13. Chuck Sweeny
14. Al Frisby
15. Don Henderson
16. Phil Christman
17. Denny “Bear” Gaynor
18. Kevin Donnelly
19. Steve VanCleave
20. Jim Fee
21. Audrey Jackman

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

You are right Mike. The list is growing too fast and too long in such a short time.

I think it's a sign that we're becoming more "mature"

On a happy note a bunch of these guy's went down fast and clean. After a full life. Their families and friends will keep their memory alive :)
Even at our age any time is still going to be to soon, unless it's going to be slow and dirty. :(

Anybody ready to party!!!!:P

K-RIP
One Jump Wonder