rapter

Round Robins

What ever happens to round robins? When did they stop and why? The last one I did was in Feb. 1991
About 14 of us ,loaded up the Otter in Cal-City, Flew to Costerison Farms, packed up and to Mendara, Mendota, then to Paso Robles , then back to Cal-City at sunset.It was great fun, Remember other groups of skydivers would fly into our dropzone along the way to another.

Only the good die young, so I have found immortality,

Hi Raptor

There was something similar to what your describing organized in the PNW organized by .......[:/] maybe Dave Rucker and some of his posse. The time frame was probably in the early to mid 90's, I think they made a boogie out of it.

I think John & valinda Mitchel from KAS (E&W) can give you the specifics.

FWIW the scenery in the PNW can't be beat, but we've got real man size tree's out here and if my memory serves me right (50% chance [:/]) The LZ's were not at DZ's. So it was a challenging boogie.

I was a local but knew my limits and stayed away:ph34r:.

R.

One Jump Wonder

On one round robin we boarded Spike Yarder’s D-18 and Van Nuys and flew to Taft and jumped. Packed up and went to Santa Nella and jumped, packed and flew to Corning. Last 2 jumps of the day was at Pope Valley.

In the morning we flew to Sheridan, OR. This was Ted Mayfield’s dz. We made 3 jumps there and spent the night. On Sunday on the way home we made 1 jump at Taft.

Damn they were fun.

Sparky

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/Skydiving/SpikesBeech.jpg
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Hi Raptor

There was something similar to what your describing organized in the PNW organized by .......[:/] maybe Dave Rucker and some of his posse. The time frame was probably in the early to mid 90's, I think they made a boogie out of it.

I think John & valinda Mitchel from KAS (E&W) can give you the specifics.

FWIW the scenery in the PNW can't be beat, but we've got real man size tree's out here and if my memory serves me right (50% chance [:/]) The LZ's were not at DZ's. So it was a challenging boogie.

I was a local but knew my limits and stayed away:ph34r:.

R.

We kind of did that informally for a couple of years from KAS till they finally settled down in Shelton.... depending on the location of the Pilot McNasty next door....and the ever vigilant need for cloud cover avoidance forced us to seek different LZs.

When taking off for a load seemed fun to figure out which of the LZ's we were going to be landing at... The farm with 5 barns... the Kapow DZ... or the soccer fields in Orting all based on where the holes were at :)

Unless they are within 25 miles of each other I think the FARs make it illegal.

Hi DB

The Mcnasty at KAS was a pilot & was well versed on the FARS and had the FAA on speed dial.

I think McNasty used the 25 mile rule to put a stop to the Dave Rucker posse PNW "chute camp" boogie or whatever it was called.

The KAS (east) Mcnasty was ruthless and didn't call the FAA about the FAR untill it was to late to notify offically call off the last boogie. The boogie went on of course, just not the way it was planned.

Where is J&V Mitchell when we need them:(

I'm old and I forget, check with John & Valinda Mitchell for the facts.B|

Gotta go and take a nap;)

R.
One Jump Wonder