danchapman

Old Log Books

Have 2, PI "Parachutist Log" copyright 1957, hard dark blue textured cover (150 entry) and a soft cover robins egg blue "Sport Parachutist Log" from M&M Printing,Fayetteville, NC. Some signatures: Tom Murray D-200 (would become my brother in law), Doug Angel C-550, Carl Blessing D-167 Joe Nichols D-236, Steve Snyder D-5, Hal Evans D-161, Ted Taylor D-216 (first black jumper I met, Navy 'Chuting Stars), Grant Hoffman C-559, Phil Webber C-958, Bill Markoff D-102, George Gividen (I think, hard to read, former PCA Executive Director) D-136, Bob Hobbs C-782, Ray Guilfoyle (Lee's Brother) C-1066, Dick Lee D-346, Pat Lee (Dick's then wife) B-1596, Tommy Walker (Pilot, legend see Don Dwiggen's book) C# 12174 (pilot number), Lee Guilfoyle I-8, M. L. Chapman (my sister) B-2496 (I beat her to B, I was B-2477), Jim Vandergaag D-1051 (Bronze Star WWii), Dick Clark D-884 (I think he might post occassionally), Dick Harmon D-930, Stu Prakin D-1310 (NY City Detective), Don Grant D-1248 (my sister's ex husband), R. Sweet D-448 (out of Stormville, NY), Ray Finneran D-1518, Vic Valle, Pilot at Lakewood, NJ circa 1966, Randy Davis D-2776 (when I was jumping in Florida).
Hope some of these names bring back pleasant memories for some of you old timers, they have for me.

There were a couple of other posts about the hard cover 150 jump books. I had one at Rantual at breakfast time Lew Sanborn came over to where I was sitting and said it was nice to see them still being used. He also told me it was his design from long ago . I have used them from my first jump in 1967. Of the 87 log books I have all but three are the blue hard cover. He then signed a few jumps for. Then he and I were the only ones to stand be quite for our national anthem.
As far as the 500 jump books a friend once told me if you loose it 500 gone forever. 150 is all you can loose the other way. Still doing it that way