patworks

Birthday: it's the 50th year since my first skydive.

MILESTONE: Birthday boy - - 2011 heralds the 50th year since my first skydive.
Remembering when I was there then:
Years are a river whose times flow to now and beyond.
From back when to here now maps Happy trails! Memories abound to tickle my giggles, head-shakes, and grins.
My here now is Old fart: Mind: a warped time-machine; Body, a worn-out crash-test-Dummy.
The Route from Then: Pathways blessed by luck. Vistas touched by God. Time-thread by risk-led.
Mind-Music is my travel companion: Over a half-century learning an enlightenment symphony: songs of sky vistas, 3D-visuals, events, pain, loves, and friendships. A whiff of black-death adds spice. My Life-song is akin to 10,000 MP3s. Hear life-melodies resonate as her songs repeat on “Random”
Whilst life unfolds her robes to the sun, petal by petal.
Pat Works nee Madden Travis Works, Jr .B1575, C1798, D1813, Star Crest Solo#1, USPA#189,

You sir, are a national treasure. You've seen just about everything in the sport, the evolution of skydiving gear, planes, drop zones, etc. 50 years is a damn long time.

Congratulations! B|

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You sir, are a national treasure. ... Congratulations! B|

Not only is he a national treasure, he is also OLD.

Congratulations, Pat!!! There aren't too many of us who can claim the big 50 for our years in the sport. My first skydive was June 1960.

I've loved reading your stuff over the years. I hope you have another 50 in you.
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

Happy birthday Pat. Your book was a big help to me (back in the day when dinosaurs roamed the DZ). ;)

First jump 1968.
Still jumping and no titanium.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

*** MILESTONE: Birthday boy - - 2011 heralds the 50th year since my first skydive.

Happy birthday. I also did my 50th anniv. jump on 8/12/11 at Skydive New England. Perhaps the old days were best. No doors so we could get rid of the beer cans when we emptied them.