africapete

FOR RADIAL FANS

Just finished watching the first season of " Ice Pilots ", the story of Buffalo Airways operating in the Canadian North. They operate DC 3's, DC 4's , C46 's , Electras and CL 125's. Fantastic footage of these planes in action and the pilots and mechanics who keep them flying. Highly recommended, check out www.buffaloairways.com.

We're on it Pete. Long live Propliners.

Have you seen those Euros who are running a Wright R 3350 in a tractor pull vehicle?

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Yeah , 1500 for the air frame and till everyone is broke , the rest of it,......

that's 1500 from 50 of us~

It's 75,000 and flys, no logs though...:)
There's another in there for 120,000 in great shape...but yeah Op costs would be a bear.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I seem to remember that the 3's needed some kind of spar upgrade or modification, you might check on that before you get excited.
Just a thought....

I don't know about spars - on DC-3s - but most of the Beechcraft 18s needed spar reinforcements. That is why you see so many Beech 18s, with extra straps along the under-side of their center-section. The problem was that the reinforcement kit cost something like $30,000. back when a "beater" Beech 18 could be bought for $30,000!
Since the reinforcement kit cost as much as the time remaining on the airframe, a lot of Beech 18s got scrapped!

If that 3 was a jumpship in the 60s or 70s there is probably enough coke in the floor seams to resell and reduce the cost a bit. ;)

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

If that 3 was a jumpship in the 60s or 70s there is probably enough coke in the floor seams to resell and reduce the cost a bit. ;)

Hi Mark,
:ph34r::ph34r::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D"gasp,cough!!":D:D:D:DB|B| 'Now that I'm recovered from laughing and rolling on the floor from that intro!!! 'Gotta dig into my archives and resurect a couple of beer case boxes of VHS vids of back to back skydives from back when. Lots of DC-3 loads So. Cal. Ghoulidge, Jim and Connie's DC-4 too, the time is now to start puttin em on disc and........play on Gypsy's, play on!!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Skybill, please post some of your propliner jumpship videos on youTube. I can't get enough.

I made almost every WFFC C 54 load when Jim and Connie brought her to Quincy. I just missed one. Loved Southern Cross, the DC 3 with Wright 1820-86 engines which came to Rantoul, what a climber. The ATL 98 double deck DC 4 mod that showed up in 2005 at WFFC was a blast too.

My first DC 3 jump was at Elsinore in the early 70s. A bunch of seasoned RW guys took pity on me and turned my 2 way into a 13 way earning me an SCR. When I showed up at Pope Valley with the SCR patch people who knew my RW skill level thought I stole it or bought it from someone.

I just love DC 3s. I wish Skip Evans would fly N26MA as a jumpship more often. I'd fly down to Elsinore to jump it.

Skybill, please post some of your propliner jumpship videos on youTube. I can't get enough.

I made almost every WFFC C 54 load when Jim and Connie brought her to Quincy. I just missed one. Loved Southern Cross, the DC 3 with Wright 1820-86 engines which came to Rantoul, what a climber. The ATL 98 double deck DC 4 mod that showed up in 2005 at WFFC was a blast too.

My first DC 3 jump was at Elsinore in the early 70s. A bunch of seasoned RW guys took pity on me and turned my 2 way into a 13 way earning me an SCR. When I showed up at Pope Valley with the SCR patch people who knew my RW skill level thought I stole it or bought it from someone.

I just love DC 3s. I wish Skip Evans would fly N26MA as a jumpship more often. I'd fly down to Elsinore to jump it.

~Something ya don't see everyday! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-QH7f1SSyo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLouO_bIL78&feature=related

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~