mjosparky

Complete Rig Cheap

No, you could swoop them! But swoop ment diving and docking on the round. Not running your fully open canopy into the dirt at high speed.:P

How do you know your old? When the first thing you think of when some says "couldn't swoop them though" is diving out of a DC3 somewhere after 20 in the line up.:S

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

No, you could swoop them! But swoop ment diving and docking on the round. Not running your fully open canopy into the dirt at high speed.:P

How do you know your old? When the first thing you think of when some says "couldn't swoop them though" is diving out of a DC3 somewhere after 20 in the line up.:S

Ahh but you could with a trusty Kreuger Balloon Suit. The only jumpsuit with airbrakes!

I used to drool over those ads in the 60s. I was a teenager jumping a very porous worn out hand me down C9. The dilemma was always more jumps or new canopy. I learned how to do really good PLFs.

See that silk twill canopy in the ad? Were any skydivers in the 60s jumping silk? I never saw any.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

A jumper in Oz back in the '60s jumped a silk twill TU.

Jimmy Dolan, originally from Scotland, and a marine architect, by the way. Jumped at the old Camden dz near Sydney.

Now, my memory may not be 100% accurate; I'm open to being corrected, if anyone was around at the time...

Hi '88,
Or ya' could get an old pair of flip-flops with the thongs off and put them inside a pair of surplus store combat boots a 1/2 size bigger than your foot and wa-la! "Cheep-ies!!" and still have "BEER!!"
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Back in the day I always wanted a pair of those French Paraboots but it was either that or beer, so we all took our combat boots to a cobbler who glued on crepe soles & still had beer.

You mean a pair of these?

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/Skydiving/FrenchBoots.jpg

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Back in the day I always wanted a pair of those French Paraboots but it was either that or beer, so we all took our combat boots to a cobbler who glued on crepe soles & still had beer.

You mean a pair of these?

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/Skydiving/FrenchBoots.jpg

Ah yes... Those were the "Style" boots. The standard french boots had a thicker sole. (BTW, the Style boots cost more)

Sparky

Mike, I don't have the picture (hint, hint, nudge, wink....), but I seem to remember a pic of you modeling Hank Asciutto's sexy new rig around 1980. Cost somewhere in the $300'ish range, not counting canopies if I recall.....

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Mike, I don't have the picture (hint, hint, nudge, wink....), but I seem to remember a pic of you modeling Hank Asciutto's sexy new rig around 1980. Cost somewhere in the $300'ish range, not counting canopies if I recall.....

You mean this one. Mine cost me test jumps on the R-4 reserve. ;)

Sparky

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/Skydiving/Stream-LitePoster.jpg

You mean this one. Mine cost me test jumps on the R-4 reserve. ;)

Sparky

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/Skydiving/Stream-LitePoster.jpg

Thank God you changed jumpsuit colors after the 80's! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Hi kd5xb,

Anybody know of a source?

Try ParaGear. If they don't have them, you're probably out of luck.

All gone. Maureen said she took all the remaining stock to the GOODWILL STORE about 10 years ago since they were no longer selling!
I'm a jumper. Even though I don't always have money for jumps, and may not ever own a rig again, I'll always be a jumper.

Hi kd5xb,

Anybody know of a source?

Try ParaGear. If they don't have them, you're probably out of luck.

All gone. Maureen said she took all the remaining stock to the GOODWILL STORE about 10 years ago since they were no longer selling!

Call the Goodwill store, I bet they didn’t sell there either.;)

Sparky

Hi Sparky,

But then changed back due to popular demand.

Possibly because they wanted to know who in the h*** took it out?

:P

As if I've never taken anything out. :)

JerryBaumchen

Blame it on the Great Pumpkin! :D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~