Krip

How many landings in a jump plane

It's all relative...you are young and I am old.

The important thing: Airborne! All the way! So, yes, ya done good.

It's interesting how things you once hated to do, back in the day, would be fun to do just one more time.

Some days in the army seemed awful. We couldn't wait to get out. Now that I'm an old fart, I kind of miss a lot of things back then.

Hell, I'd give a lot to make just one more army-night-jump, with full equipment....I think I could still pull it off!

If you are going to die, you might as well do it having fun!....

It's all relative...you are young and I am old.

The important thing: Airborne! All the way! So, yes, ya done good.

It's interesting how things you once hated to do, back in the day, would be fun to do just one more time.

Some days in the army seemed awful. We couldn't wait to get out. Now that I'm an old fart, I kind of miss a lot of things back then.

Hell, I'd give a lot to make just one more army-night-jump, with full equipment....I think I could still pull it off!

If you are going to die, you might as well do it having fun!....

http://phantomairbornebrigade.com/

Keep in mind, (and I shit you not) USPA sees these jumps as a violation of the minimum pull altitude BSR. They only allow paratroopers to jump, and you still do your pre-jump, get JMPI'ed and all!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

That's a good point Sparky. When someone gets killed there's always someone who says...."At least they died doing what they loved!"

But then, being deader than a door knob, can't be much fun!

Let me think on this a while....I'm having trouble taking it all in! When you get as old as me, even thinking is a challenge![:/]

Only once that I remember; a DC-3 and we never got over about 500 feet when the pilot told us he was going around and back down. I looked out to the right hand engine and it was smoking a little, then I looked left and that one was feathered, glanced out at the tree tops then moved forward and sat down. This was at Z-Hills Turkey Meet about '76 or '77.

I did occasionally ride right seat in the Otter my brother used to fly; we would almost stay with the freefallers on the drop and always land before the canopies. Those were cool landings...

That's a good point Sparky. When someone gets killed there's always someone who says...."At least they died doing what they loved!"

But then, being deader than a door knob, can't be much fun!

Let me think on this a while....I'm having trouble taking it all in! When you get as old as me, even thinking is a challenge![:/]

Hi Steve, Sparky

Since I'm older than both of you sweet young thangs, I hope to die in my sleep. But I promise I'll come back and look you both up or down (probaly up) and let you know what I find out if I can remember[:/].

Just leave the light on;) "I'll be back"

Time for my nap, or to get up from my nap.[:/] I'm soooo confused. What was the subject of this thread, damn maybe I'm already dead:):D

R.I.P.
One Jump Wonder

Too many to count! ***

same boat as you, as the only s/l I - I was busier than a three peckered billygoat, quite a few days saw only one jump unless I could line up other sport rigs to swap and meet the plane - every landing was a white knuckled one - belt cinched as tight as possible trying to keep the shakes under control - damn I hated that. - one of the pilots got a big kick out of it though, he didnt do anything out of a normal flight or landing but the tremors and lack of blood in my face would crack him up every time - the other pilots were kind enough to never let on that they noticed.

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

i had 35 jumps before i ever landed in ANY plane (and that was a L0111 into Halifax out of Newfoundland in 0/0, lightening and heavy rain... scared the bejeezus out of me)

as a jumper... 2

in Nova Scotia, at about 200/300ft on take off in the 182, the windshield was suddenly coated in oil, pilot just eases it up and around, looking out his side window and we cruise back down, he wipes the windshield, puts on the oil cap he FORGOT to put on last time... and off we go again to altitude ... that was my second landing ever in an airplane...
(that pilot, for those about to denigrate him, also flew us, probably a year or 2 later on out night demo into a rock festival .. in the middle of outback NS, miles from anywhere... only light on the ground for 20 miles was a kitchen light over the stage and a laser shooting at us from the stage ... with a high overcast and no moon and I think his instruments consisted of an altimeter ... and that was about it ... the plane was junk... the pilot was good)

other landing was full load on 140T in z-hills with an engine out and cropduster (Rick Hernandez) at the helm..... he absolutely kissed it back on the runway ... amazing ...

Two that I recall. Had to cut away a Baby Cloud jumping at Indiantown. Pop took me up to look for the canopy in the orange groves and I landed with him. We never found the chute but Pop told me later that he heard some jumpers seeing the canopy used as a car cover years later I'm guessing the migrate workers grabbed it and ran. Second landing was last week in a Caravan at Palatka. I've been out of jumping awhile and signed up for the aff to restart jumping and was going nuts sitting on the ground so I got me a ride in the right hand seat of the Caravan.....was strange going back down with the plane.