2 2
patregan

70's - 80's Antioch pics?

HEY PAT:

I knew I had this pic somewhere, but that was two wives ago and thought maybe I had lost it. But, this is a shot I took of Merle McCoy under canopy at Antioch, circa 1979-80. I don't remember what that goofy canopy was that he was jumping, but you all should remember his red jumpsuit.

I saw Merle at the Reunion last year, and at the time I had not located this picture. I wanted to give it to him.

If anyone is in contact with Merle, let him know I have this pic in 8X10 and will be glad to get it to him, and he can have a look here attached.
'
Swimdoc

Hi. My name is Mandy Baker and I'm Neil Baker's daughter (my mom is Carole). My father recently passed and I'm trying to find old pictures of him. I saw this post and I'm assuming it's the same Neil Baker because its the right area and dates. I don't know how to see the pictures that were posted on here but if anyone has any pictures or even stories about him please share them with me. My email is [email protected]

• Like 1

Pat,

I have some old slides that I just found.  Many are from the Truckee Airshow and Pope Valley.  I used to jump 4-way with Paul Landry, Dave Correa and Bob Patrick at Antioch.  Just wondering if anyone has contact info for Dave or Paul.  Bob is no longer with us.  I wouldn't mind making contact with any of those people you mentioned in your original post in (2011).   

Vinny Salemme

D-5468 

• Like 1

Hi, My name is Vi and My husband Ron was an active jumper in 1969 at Camanche Sky Park and at Antioch in 1975. I started jumping at the Camanche Sky Park and also later at Antioch in 1975. I have a few photos and many stories from 1969 at Charlie (Chuck) Easterling's Camanche Sky Park when Little David and the Mother Lode Skydivers were there. I also have pictures and stories from a jump into Lost Isle in the Delta in the late sixties. In the pictures are; Gene Ballard, Ron Grinsteiner, Steve Haley, Mike Hopkins, Mel Gall, Joe Vargas and Little David. Sean Tucker was also one of the jumpers. There are others in the photos whose names I've forgotten and hopefully others can identify. Also, I have stories from Amador Lake jumps on Sundays and some Mother Lode outlaw jumps, Especially into the Sutter Creek Cemetery for Vance McGee's memorial.

I also have pictures and stories from 1975 at the Antioch airport when Perry Stevens was there. I have a picture of the Antioch Airport as it existed before houses covered it! I have many stories involving Steve Haley who Ron and I kept in touch with over the years when Ron was living. There is a nude jump (no pictures!) a Cal Trans Grand Opening of Highway 205 at Tracy and more. I'm sad to know Steve is no longer living.

Ron and I were at Antioch when Norton was there. Norton and I were the ground crew at the Mountain Aire Festival in Angels Camp when Steve Haley, Ron Grinstiner and others tried to form a stack for the festival crowd. More on that later

I'll post a few pictures now and then be back with stories. Vi