2 2
patregan

70's - 80's Antioch pics?

Does anyone have any pictures they'd care to share of the Antioch DZ from, say, the mid-1970's through early-80's?

Looking for images of people like: Perry Stevens, Steve Haley, Robert "Norton" Thomas, Gene Ballard, Linda Ballard, Debbie Willet, Norm Ross, Larry Arcadie, Paul Landry, Gus Evans, Dave Correa, Neil Baker, Luke Morlan, Merle McCoy, Jim LaJunesse, Carl Randal, Tom Jones, "Little Bob" Norman, Jerry Johnson, Bob Beaver, or...?

Would really like to revisit those people jumping, flying, and partying together back in the day.

Maybe you could post some on this website?

Or, if you have a collection of JPEGs on disk you might sell at a reasonable price, please let me know. Thanks.

VBR,

Pat Regan
SCR-8872; USPA-JM; CFIASME; Jump Pilot; Bare-Handed Wolf Chokers and Pterodactyl Breeders Association (Retired)

Doesn't really qualify, since these are from '71, but somebody has to do it.

Antioch 1, it's me second from right

Antioch 5, Skip Stephenson under the Para Plane

Is that Curt Curtis?

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Rondo,

Star's been collecting pictures since our Old Timer's gathering last October and has a CD you could get from her.

madjohn

Main goals in life: Be on the "Jumpers Over Eighty" (JOE) World Record and attend the Lost Prairie Boogie once after I'm gone.

Rondo,

It's great to hear from the guy who taught me how to pack a Stratostar & put out static liners!

The next Old Friends Reunion of NorCal skydivers will be held in Sept. or Oct. of 2012 at the Italian Benevolent Society Picnic Grounds in Sutter Creek.
Perry Stevens has a committee planning it, and more information will be published later on.

If you check out Kal Klub on facebook, you will find links to a lot of old Antioch & Livermore jumpers from the 70's & 80's.

Bob Brown,
Antioch Animal #3

Rondo,

It's great to hear from the guy who taught me how to pack a Stratostar & put out static liners!

The next Old Friends Reunion of NorCal skydivers will be held in Sept. or Oct. of 2012 at the Italian Benevolent Society Picnic Grounds in Sutter Creek.
Perry Stevens has a committee planning it, and more information will be published later on.

If you check out Kal Klub ( Mike Ogden's alter ego) on facebook, you will find links to a lot of old Antioch & Livermore jumpers from the 70's & 80's.

Bob Brown,
Antioch Animal #3

Wow, Mad John and Bob, that's great news: especially that Perry is still alive.

(No joke: I'd heard a rumor to the contrary and was totally grounded by it. So glad it aint true. Now to go find the sucker that said that and punch his lights out...)

Anyway, here's one for you, D-51: "HEAD???!!!"

(He hated it when we did that one on the DZ...and we loved it. We were so mean back then. But all in fun, bro. Ya know we luv ya. ;) )

'Course, good to see you guys are still truckin', too.

I'll check out the references you gave, and attach an email addy to my profile in case anybody wants to waste their time talking to my worthless ass.

Thanks again.

BS/BD

Pat
SCR-8872; USPA-JM; CFIASME; Jump Pilot; Bare-Handed Wolf Chokers and Pterodactyl Breeders Association (Retired)

Type Norton in the photo search ...I posted two of him, one of McCombs and one of Diablo Skydivers group.

Yup! Got the pics of Norton and jeannie. Many thanks.

VBR,

Pat

PAT:

I jumped at Antioch a lot in late 70s and early 80s. Jumped with Norton, Gene and Linda, Gus Evans, Barefoot Norm, Jim and Sherry Kolander etc. Here are a couple pics from that time, but sadly, none with these sky gods. I have a lot of log entries with them as well.

JIM

Randy "Doc" Haight. At the time, I was a Stockton PD Officer and my jump buddy was also an officer, Mike Saculla. Your name is familiar, but I don't see it in my early logs. Who did you jump with and do you have a pic from that time? I have attached a pic from Antioch with Saculla. I continue to jump at Acampo. Recent pic also attached.

Hi Randy:

At that time, up until I broke my right foot in seven places doing a demo at Oakland Army Terminal for John Romey's outfit, I was jumping with anybody I could get on a load with. I did a lot of Jumpmaster rins with the Travis AFB club. WE were jumping at Antioch because we had a falling out with George Morar at Yolo. After the foot healed I went back in the Air Force in Nov. 79 and went to Dyess AFB. Didn't jump again until 1982 when I made a couple of jumps from a C-130 with the Navy Chuting Stars team at Suffolk County Airport, VA.
If you know how many guns you have - you don't have enough!

May have been a regional. Anyway, they had enough pull to request and get a C-130 and crew specifically for them from Dyess. Anyway it was more or less a fuck off day for them. Half of them weren't wearing jumpsuits. I suspect that some of them weren't even members of the team. I do know that the Lieutenant in charge of them stole my roll of film that I shot on the second jump I made with them. Rotten bastard. I should have slipped him a blank roll and hidden the good one. :-)
If you know how many guns you have - you don't have enough!

Great shot of the Antioch Peas. It's all covered with houses now.
3rd photo does not look like Antioch though.
Gene and Linda's sone Gene is going through AFF with us at Byron now.

madjohn

Main goals in life: Be on the "Jumpers Over Eighty" (JOE) World Record and attend the Lost Prairie Boogie once after I'm gone.

MADJOHN:

Thanks for the update. Yep. Third photo was taken from the jump plane by an observer with a telephoto. The "Spot" was the dry area a bit SW of the airport. See photo attached.

I was going to start a threat about "bandit jumps" but I suspect that the statute of limitations may not be over...but tell Steve Haley hello! He won't remember me but I managed a few jumps with him, Gus Evans, Jim Barnhill, barefoot Norm, Norton, Linda B. and others. Good times.

I need to drop in on Byron. I live in Stockton but jump mostly at Lodi with Bill D and crew,..and hit San Diego every now and then.

Doc