nigel99

Round & Square Stack

A friend of mine has a pic on facebook of him doing CRW (if you can call it that) with a round and a square. He is on top on a "modern" round could be a paracommander, but I am not that familiar with anything other than a C9/T-10.

How common were these kind of games, and any interesting stories to tell?
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Did those many times back in the early eighties with a standard weight Strato Cloud and a T-10 and IIRC, it was really much easier than it sounds. Now, the really hard ones were stacking two or more t-10s together......intentionally. :D

The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

we did such jumps quite a bit....back then... though not sure if there are (m)any photos..[:/]

i was flying a french papillon and my pal BV, docked on me with his strato cloud...
he had to really get deep into his brakes to effect a deep "sink" and we flew together pretty nicely....

way to much rate of descent however to consider taking it under 1000 feet.. and i could REALLY feel "like he was HANGING from my legs"
It was April 29th !!! 1979...:o
as per my log books.. my jump # 905.... funny that you should post about such jumps....on April 30th!!!B|;):)
There were a couple of lightweight guys jumping PCs then... who could put a round to round 2 stack together.. pretty consistantly.. saw them land one damn close to the pea gravel... can't remember if they both stood it up. but still,, it was great!!! to witness...
jimmy
A 3914
4 stack 930

I did some round-round, and some square-square, but I guess I just wasn't into miscegenation :P

I've seen pictures of that, as well as a rogallo-round-square, just to spice it up even more.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

A friend of mine has a pic on facebook of him doing CRW (if you can call it that) with a round and a square. He is on top on a "modern" round could be a paracommander, but I am not that familiar with anything other than a C9/T-10.

I think it was around 1978/79 we would use a dactyl on top because we hadn’t figured out how to catch another square yet.

Sparky

Mark Seckler – Dactyl
Tim Lone – Strato Star
Bill Hallem – Strato Star
Me – Strato Cloud

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/Skydiving/4stack.jpg
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

"Wild Bill" Richards, the Blue Sky Ranch boss is on the bottom ... Alan Jacobs is on top.

Photo by: CHARD

From the pages of Blast From The Past on the Air Trash website.
Green Light
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."
"Your statement answered your question."

Did a side-by-side with two T-U's at the Clear Lake Water Jumps with Terry Finch in the early 80's. Looked like two gears trying to cog around each other. Solidly stable though.
Also stacked three PC's.

madjohn

Main goals in life: Be on the "Jumpers Over Eighty" (JOE) World Record and attend the Lost Prairie Boogie once after I'm gone.

I Tried it once AT Pepperell, MA That cruise lite went under me like a bat out of hell, then me and my PC went through the BURBLE, never tried again.

Then on a trip to TURNERS FALLS, I had a case of beer bet on closest to the target, we did a two way, opened up with good seperation, both the same distance from the target, DOWNWIND, so i did 2 quick 360's (now its a cool 720 who new, ahead of my time again) and right in front of me is my buddy on his pigilet!CANOPIES COLLIDED, I WOUND AROUND HIM LIKE A STRIPE ON A BARBER POLE,
TILL I RAN OUT OF LINES , OUR BODIES HIT, AND WE UNWOUND, AND WENT OUR SEPERATE WAYS,,, good thing we were to stupid to react and cutaway this was at around 700ft,, SO WE CALLED IT A STACK ATTEMPT!
well actually there were these 82cnd airborne old guys having their annual get together , and thats what they called it and asked how they could acomplish such a feat, so we went with it.
WAKE UP TANDEMGUY !THERES A DUI CHECKPOINT UP AHEAD

The first time I did this I docked with my strato-rock on one my buddies under his convential T-10 gear. What I couldn't believe was once you got close to docking, how fast the closing speed was!. Took me two attempts to get, I think, but man it was so easy, after the first attempt I just did a 360 and bingo, ready to go again. No worries about catching up.

Later did some 3-stacks with a round on top and the very rare (in our area round/round stacks under the student gear), but that first round square stack still scares me with it's closing speed....
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone