mjosparky

Kevin Donnely

Jan Meyer told me this on FaceBook last night.
We are losing lots of the Old Timers Sparky. But then at our age that happens.
I have many fond memories of Kevin. Mostly from Elsinore. He was always so nice and had something great to say at all times.
He taught me a few things in the early 70's when I first started jumping.
I remember many things and loved all the things he had accomplished in the sport.
There must be one hell of a party going on UP there, cus lots of our friends have passed..
Blue Skies to Kevin and Thanks for the memories...
Sandy

Kevin was on my first RW jump. John Campbell and Kevin did a 3 way with me out of the Elsinore Cessna and it was the first time I ever saw anyone else in freefall. I have a photo that I must scan now.

Kevin was fairly quiet in speech but very loud in his actions. I remember him chasing a tire around the field at Elsinore that was attached to a flying aircraft for a commercial stunt. Took a while but he finally caught it and hooked himself to it and off he went being flown over the DZ hanging from that cable and tire. What a guy!

Kevin will be truly missed by all who knew him. Rest in peace my friend and thanks for all you did for me.

Larry
Green Light
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."
"Your statement answered your question."

Kevin kept his Cessna a couple hangars away from mine at Whiteman airport near Burbank. He'd stop by whenever he was out checking on things for a bull session. Last I saw him was about 4 years ago when he moved out of the hgr. He was an important player in skydiving's public image with his movie work.

jon

Yes Sparky this is true....Tryin' to stay one step ahead of the grim reaper the best I can....
Remembering back 30 yrs about all the shit I did that should have ended my life...Like jumping canopies that guys made at home and brought to the DZ...Doing things out of dares, cuz I was female...and a little crazy...
I guess we are still here for a reason...
Really hate to see all the OLD gang passing away...
But...this is life..
It just sucks....but I know there's one hell of a party goin' on up there and when it's my turn to go...there better be some beer left...
Sandy

CORRECTIONS REGARDING KEVIN DONNELLY

Funeral in Murrieta and Burial in Elsinore Fri. May 6 starting @ 10am

Gathering at Kevins House @ 1pm following Burial

Memorial and 10 Man tribute jump @ 5pm Sat. May 7
and BBQ/Keg @ 6:30pm to follow @ Skydive Elsinore

Check www.airtrash.com for more complete info and any changes...
Sandy