SEREJumper

26' Strong LOPO in a Pioneer Super-Pro?

So Poynter's says it won't. It was made for pioneers 23' reserve. Says a 24' and 26' will not fit either. I've seen a 24' T-10R with PC fit and I saw a photo of a pioneer 26' canopy packed into one.

So, those that have packed them, will a 26' LOPO (not Lopo Lite) fit? With or w/o PC.

Thanks!
We're not fucking flying airplanes are we, no we're flying a glorified kite with no power and it should be flown like one! - Stratostar

So Poynter's says it won't. It was made for pioneers 23' reserve. Says a 24' and 26' will not fit either. I've seen a 24' T-10R with PC fit and I saw a photo of a pioneer 26' canopy packed into one.

So, those that have packed them, will a 26' LOPO (not Lopo Lite) fit? With or w/o PC.

Thanks!

Yes, a 24 footer will, but it is one tight puppy!

....with a MA-1 installed too, BTW.

MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com

Thanks for the info on this. I wasn't aware of a 2-pin version. I should have clarified it was a curved 1-pin version I was inquiring about.
We're not fucking flying airplanes are we, no we're flying a glorified kite with no power and it should be flown like one! - Stratostar

Thanks!

Yes, a 24 footer will, but it is one tight puppy!

....with a MA-1 installed too, BTW.

MEL

A 24 footer in a Super Pro? Damn!! I once put a Navy conical (with water pockets) and an MA-1 in one. No table, no trick equipment. Just me and Terry Schroeder who had muscles in places I don't even have paces. The toughest pack job I ever did. I think I got 5$ for it. 1972 prices. I would not have done it for anyone except Terry. I knew he could pull it. I would suspect the pull force was a bit outside the legal limit of 25 pounds.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

Hi jack,

IIRC they first came out with a 2-pin ripcord but were, later on, offered with a 1-pin ripcord.

This photo, of one that I have, is of a 1-pin version.

JerryBaumchen

Can't tell from the pic, but does it have alligator clips on the belly band? Did they have a center pull version?
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

OK then. It totals. It totals with a Tri-con in it. It totals with some weird 26' Chez reserve in it.
I had one in the 70's. You could pull it on the table and it wouldn't budge. I hooked a piece of 550 from the handle to the top flap, so it would yank it open.
I was at the Nats in Tellequha and a APT guy came over to tell me how theirs had totaled. I flipped open the pin cover and he laughed. They had done the same thing.
Make sure the line is long enough to clear the pin first.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

Hi Sparky,

The legal limit for a chest mount is 15 pounds. For a back it is 22 pounds.

The SuperPro was certificated under TSO C23b, which is 22 lbs for any container.

The 15 lb limit for chest packs came in the later versions of the TSO standards.

Just so people do not mis-understand,

JerryBaumchen

Hi Sparky,

The legal limit for a chest mount is 15 pounds. For a back it is 22 pounds.

The SuperPro was certificated under TSO C23b, which is 22 lbs for any container.

The 15 lb limit for chest packs came in the later versions of the TSO standards.

Just so people do not mis-understand,

JerryBaumchen

You are right. It wasn’t until AS8015-A went into affect in 1984. I guess that’s why I use a check sheet when I pack reserves.
Thanks Jerry,

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals