skydived19006

WFFC Helicopter Incident

I heard this story quite a long time back, long enough that I couldn't have looked it up on the internet since it didn't for the most part exist, the internet that is. Something came up the other day to bring it back to thought. I was really wondering if it was true.

So, story is that the helicopter was making really low passes over a corn field before climbing. Some guy had positioned himself in the path to take pictures, was almost hit by the roters, then instructed to leave because he had almost been killed, etc. He returns to same place to take pictures and helicopter takes him out.

So, true or not?
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

I fail to feel sorry for the numb nuts that did it. Half the fun of the jump was the ride to altitude. He was doing normal take offs . The Bozo was wrong and and after that no more chopper jumps. The legal and insurance costs were outrageous besides new rotorblades.The pilot was a great guy and didnt deserve that bastards stupidity.

Jumper in question was a local at my home DZ. He didn't listen when they told him repeatedly to get out of where he was. Totally his fault, but FAA and ins bastards didn't see it that way. Result: no more chopper. To bad we don't have post mortem ass kicking.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Hi 06

The lady that was the PR person for the WFFC (both locations)used to post under the user name of "oldfiddle" on rec.skydivng and I think I seen her post on DZ.com.

If I remember correctly the camera guy asked her for permission, didn't like the response he got a did it anyway.

There were also some pissed off skydivers on the chopper when the incident. Because the guy that got "hurt really bad" B| could have brought the whole bird down

One Jump Wonder